• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Happy 11th Anniversary 2/5/01 Storm

phlwx

Needless to say this was that overperformer that surprised a lot of folks since most forecasts were only for an inch or two of snow...not 6-10" on the Main Line with four hour commutes.

Of course, with 3/5/01 a month later this one gets forgotten as one of the bigger reverse busts in Philly's history.

I was at Rutgers... got out of class from the ARC building on Busch Campus about 4PM. The whole campus was gridlocked and it was snowing heavily. So, decided to walk the 5 miles back to my Newell apartment on Cook Campus. Took me 2-3 hours but I probably got back faster than if I had been on one of the campus busses :arrowhead:

I was working in Media, PA at the time.

i left work with around 3-4 inches of snow on the ground late that morning and it took 3-4 hours to go north to Blue Bell.Cars were just left on the blue route.

ended up with around 11 or 12 inches at home if my memory is correct.

It was great watching the rain change to snow that morning. Only problem was everyone left work at the same time that morning.

I was very bitter going to work that morning in a heavy rain with a temp around 34 F thinking only if this was snow.

Needless to say this was that overperformer that surprised a lot of folks since most forecasts were only for an inch or two of snow...not 6-10" on the Main Line with four hour commutes.

Of course, with 3/5/01 a month later this one gets forgotten as one of the bigger reverse busts in Philly's history.

Dynamic cooling FTW.

Archived