• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Energy Trade Floor Meteorology for West Power Trading

FreshAJ

In my previous post, I talked about the typical day of an energy trade floor meteorologist on the Natural Gas trading floor in two parts: Part 1 and Part 2. Today I’d like to introduce the world of energy trade floor meteorology on the Power Trading Floor, west of the Rockies.

West Power trading is unique in the fact that you have to take into consideration a lot more renewable sources of power including wind, solar, and a lot more hydro. These renewable forms of energy all play a major role in driving power and gas prices in the West. In addition, each state has their own set of microclimates that can make the West very challenging but fun at the same time.

To keep reading, please go here: http://www.freshaj.c...t-power-trading

Any questions, thoughts, comments...feel free!

Best,

AJ

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you! And if you got long range forecasting skills, I'd probably start putting some of those long range forecasts in forums, on different websites, etc if you are allowed to. I remember one of the top energy vendors hired a 19 year old kid because he absolutely "nailed" a winter one year.

AJ

Great blog...I've been reading many of your posts this morning. Currently working for the feds...but would love to work in energy where my long range forecasting skills would be better utilized.

Archived