Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Bermuda High

Aerogen

Hey all,

I just joined up on these forums a couple of minutes ago and frankly, Im not very knowledgeable about how the weather works. Be that as it may, though, I feel as a resident of South Florida I should arm myself with as much information about hurricanes as possible.

Firstly, I know how hurricanes form and I know the process of moving from a depression to a tropical storm to a hurricane. I also know that fronts and the Bermuda high as the main steering forces of hurricanes and that their positioning could either mean that Florida ( or any state on the east coast) gets hit by a hurricane or avoids it altogether.

With every site that I search I find that that when hurricanes or lows pop up they show the computer forecasted tracks for these systems but that they never try to predict the Bermuda high or shows graphs on how they expect said high to move over time ( say within the next 5 days etc). The only way I can see myself being able to "predict" what the high would do is by looking at tropical systems computer forecast tracks and assume that the fluxuations in the computer models is more or less how the computer expects the high to move.

So this brings me to my main point. Can the Bermuda high be predicted and if so are there any reliable sites which show what they expect the high to do graphically or textually?

Even if you can't predict the Bermuda high, this is a good forum to check. The Southeast sub-forum is full of knowledgeable people who discuss different scenarios and possible outcomes. Don't forget to check the main Weather Forecasting forum too, looking for the tropical system by name or number. As for the Bermuda high, adding value to model forecasts just requires time, experience and pattern recognition. Welcome to the Forum!

Archived