• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Cape Cod

kebrere

Hi all, Stummbled across this chat, what"s the prediction for Hyannis, MA , I'm on Ocean St. the beach, the bay, and the harbour are all within walking distance. I think I am below sea level, what can I expect?? Any thoughts

Hi all, Stummbled across this chat, what"s the prediction for Hyannis, MA , I'm on Ocean St. the beach, the bay, and the harbour are all within walking distance. I think I am below sea level, what can I expect?? Any thoughts

I'm a total weenie, with no experience....

With that being said, from what you tell me...leave....

Problem is only two ways outta here, they close the two bridges when the winds hit 70mph, the Cape is jammed with tourist, and they evacuate them fisrt, this sks!!!!!!!!![ quote name=Paweatherguy1' timestamp='1314337593' post='916396]

I'm a total weenie, with no experience....

With that being said, from what you tell me...leave....

I believe that area is closer to 6-20 ft ASL according to USGS. Ask your neighbors about past flooding. I would imagine parts of those roads will see overwash and a few feet of sand. That's what we had in Bob along surf dr, Falmouth Heights and Bristol Beach.

I believe that area is closer to 6-20 ft ASL according to USGS. Ask your neighbors about past flooding. I would imagine parts of those roads will see overwash and a few feet of sand. That's what we had in Bob along surf dr, Falmouth Heights and Bristol Beach.

Yep I remember that, this one seems a lot scarier to me, I guess we will not know more as far as this area is concerned for another day or so, nerve wracking

Yep I remember that, this one seems a lot scarier to me, I guess we will not know more as far as this area is concerned for another day or so, nerve wracking

The Cape has plenty of storm shelters so there's always a place to find higher and safe ground just in case. Yeah by tomorrow we'll know within a reasonable amount exactly where this storm is going. It looks like the massive wind field will make the difference between this one and Bob.

Archived