• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Tornado near Bradshaw, Nebraska 06/20/11

With so many chasers on this storm, and it being college break, and this storm being along a major interstate.. near a fairly good sized town. This may be the most documented (by video) tornado that we've had in Nebraska so far. A youtube search of Bradshaw tornado comes up with many different videos from all kinds of perspectives. Really close... a medium distance (us), and some who were way out who still got great structure for the storm.

It sure didn't seem like THAT many people were on this storm. We could all get our own spots at various places on the grid network of roads in the area. Pretty cool being able to stop, take pictures and video without having to worry about getting run over

Congraulations on the beautiful catch! I really like how it morphs from an initial truncated, landspout-ish shape to a full-fledged stovepipe over time.

I was on the initial storm to the W that tracked from NW KS toward Holdredge, but got on it far too late. Having started the day in Grand Island, I should've been right with you here watching the storm of the year!

Brett,

To be honest, RUAHusker and I came this close to trying to get west to the storms in Elm Creek area - we had stopped at McDonalds in York and were getting chaser envy that people out west were seeing everything. We then saw the boundary coming from the south on radar, looked like the dryline/warm front were intersecting from northwest to southeast so we headed west a bit on the Interstate. That was when we saw that line just explode. Towers to 20, 30K in no time to our south... headed south at the Henderson exit, wish i would have taken a picture - that's when we decided, yeah something is going to happen around here afterall. We headed south, kind of watched the storm grow and followed it back north to I-80.

We have other video out there too from earlier stages in the chase, 2 funnel clouds from our location, the second ffunnel apparently was the beginning of the Hampton tornado... who knew?

Brett,

To be honest, RUAHusker and I came this close to trying to get west to the storms in Elm Creek area - we had stopped at McDonalds in York and were getting chaser envy that people out west were seeing everything. We then saw the boundary coming from the south on radar, looked like the dryline/warm front were intersecting from northwest to southeast so we headed west a bit on the Interstate. That was when we saw that line just explode. Towers to 20, 30K in no time to our south... headed south at the Henderson exit, wish i would have taken a picture - that's when we decided, yeah something is going to happen around here afterall. We headed south, kind of watched the storm grow and followed it back north to I-80.

We have other video out there too from earlier stages in the chase, 2 funnel clouds from our location, the second ffunnel apparently was the beginning of the Hampton tornado... who knew?

Here are the other two funnels associated with the storms when they were further south.

and the more developed funnel (Hampton tornado?)

Archived