• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Is it just me...or does this look like 2010?

pjmJS

Very 2010 like feel to it, even in other parts of the globe. Finland has been experiencing a heat wave, sending temps near 90 as far north as the Arctic Circle. One town came with one degree of setting the all-time June high for the country, which was originally set in 1935. I believe the all-time high for any month in Finland was set just last year.

Russia too has seen a return to the heat and fires of last year. Peat and forest fires are raging across eastern Russia, and experts warn that it could be even worse than last year's suffocating fires. Last year saw a record 6.4 million acres burned in Russia, so far this year that number is 1.5 million. Of course, last year, Moscow exceeded its previous all-time record high of 99 on several different occassions and experienced a good solid three straight weeks where the max temp was 90 or higher.

Welcome to the new normal.

Ytterbium! :lol::arrowhead:

Tell that to parts of the West that just had one of their coldest springs on record.

Very 2010 like feel to it, even in other parts of the globe. Finland has been experiencing a heat wave, sending temps near 90 as far north as the Arctic Circle. One town came with one degree of setting the all-time June high for the country, which was originally set in 1935. I believe the all-time high for any month in Finland was set just last year.

Russia too has seen a return to the heat and fires of last year. Peat and forest fires are raging across eastern Russia, and experts warn that it could be even worse than last year's suffocating fires. Last year saw a record 6.4 million acres burned in Russia, so far this year that number is 1.5 million. Of course, last year, Moscow exceeded its previous all-time record high of 99 on several different occassions and experienced a good solid three straight weeks where the max temp was 90 or higher.

This was a good post...

Welcome to the new normal.

...until you said this.

One thing I seem to remember (I could be remember wrong - totally possible given the blur of a year i've had) is that the humidity wasn't quite as persistently high (dews in the mid 70s on some days) last year.

The temps were up there for sure but I seem to remember it being a bit drier and easier to handle. This sticky feeling makes a world of difference in making it more unbearable - which unfortunately when looking at temps only kind of gets lost. Just my two cents. - 101 with humidity feels way different than 101 and lower dews.

Archived