• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Global Sea Levels Dropping in 2011

BethesdaWX

No, the tree ring reconstructions do not affect the centennial scale means in Moberg 2005.

Also the above graph of Ljunqvist 2010 doesn't include the instrumental record and so does not extend to present. When one does, it looks like this:

No.

1) The Graph you just is not in direct reference to mine, and has timing errors to the mean.

the recent period does not look particularly warmer compared to the MWP." However, the mean of the six series did depict a warmer CWP; but they describe this relationship as "a bias/artifact in the full RCS reconstruction where the MWP, because it is expressed at different times in the six long records, is 'averaged out' (i.e., flattened) compared to the recent period which shows a much more globally consistent signal."

This error is corrected on the Graph below.

2) The Proxy data is Just that! You see that during the year 2000, the proxy data is Lower than The Measurement Data. The Same goes for the MWP.

The proxy reference cannot be cmpred to surface data for this reason

If we had surface data in the MWP, we'd be much much warmer

wp2.jpg?t=1303183460

There are very obvious reasons why the proxies don't show the full modern warming. Those reasons do not apply to the MWP.

All of the major reconstruction studies conclude that the 90s and 2000s were likely warmer than any other period in the last 2000 years. This includes studies which rely only on non-tree ring proxies. There is no basis in the scientific literature upon which to contradict this assertion. You are on your own speculating without solid reasoning or understanding of the science.

There are very obvious reasons why the proxies don't show the full modern warming. Those reasons do not apply to the MWP.

All of the major reconstruction studies conclude that the 90s and 2000s were likely warmer than any other period in the last 2000 years. This includes studies which rely only on non-tree ring proxies. There is no basis in the scientific literature upon which to contradict this assertion. You are on your own speculating without solid reasoning or understanding of the science.

What are these "reasons"? I'm curious. Remember not to include only tree-rings, because this goes for all of the proxies.

And no, I can post several peer reviewed resonctructions that show the CWP to be minimal compared to the past Warming periods.

One example.....All Ice core proxies ;)

Archived