• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Online Met Courses

BDR

Hey guys, let me actually introduce myself (something I have yet to do) before asking my question. My name's Ben, I'm 18, and a senior in high school. I wanted to take a more formal class on weather this summer, as I'm planning to major in engineering (which will probably take up most of my time when actually in college). Also, the college I end up going to might not even have met courses. So, I'm wondering if the summer courses are they worth it, or if I would be better off trying to squeeze in some classes during my undergrad education. If they are worth it, I'm not sure what class I should sign up for.

The only physical classes I could find in CT are at Westconn, which is not only far from me, but also run on a difficult schedule. So that is basically not an option. Online courses look to be my best choice. From what I could see, both Lyndon State and University of Wisconsin offer online introduction to met courses. Would anyone reccomend these or maybe other online courses?

TYIA :)

If you wanted a less formal introduction to meteorology I would recommend MetEd. You have to register to view most of the modules, but its free. There are several different topics to chose from and may be a good starting point at determining what area of meteorology you would be interested in if you want to go beyond basic forecasting. A good starting point would probably be with Climate, Mesoscale Meteorology, or possibly even Hydrology/Flooding. Of course if you see a topic that you know you are already interested in then that would be a good starting point as well.

Archived