• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Epic winter for Long Island on the way ?

Mikehobbyst

If the blocking stays persistent through March 2011, could Long Island get to the 80-100 inch winter snowfall threshold??? I think we have a strong shot with the negatve NAO and negative AO and Greenland blocking being consistently holding and reloading through March 2011. Here is my guess for average temps and snow for western Long Island.

My real guess if some positive PNA can just show up and bring the mega snow party to us.

Jan: -2.5 C/ 15-20 inches

Feb: -3.0 C / 25-30 inches

Mar: -2.0 C / 15-20 inches

Winter events guess for winter 2011:

2 More KU HECS - NESIS 3-4

3 Miller B redevelopers

5 more foot plus events on the way in 2011 ?? Slight chance but probably the best chance in a lifetime this winter. Is Maunder Minimum part II on our doorstep with solar minimum also looking unprecedented in our modern times... Sun is not waking up, so something serious in terms of solar activity diminishing is on the table. Is the table being set for the next Maunder mini ice age happening within the next 40 years a real risk ?? i would love some insight from some of the board if possible. Appreciate very much. Are exciting times potentially ahead. Do not want an ice age or years without any summers honestly.

Lastly do you see summer 2011 being below average for a change with endless 70 degree days and few 80's. With weakening NINA and possible weak blocking still hanging around ? Please no repeat of 2010 infernal summer please do not say that. Love the 70's in summer, not the 90's.

Mets and folks on this board, Do you think this has a real chance of happening ??

What could go right for this to happen ?- What needs to happen ?, do you see it happening ??

What could go wrong that I have no chance in h%ll of getting this right ??

Thanks so much for adding your insights for the 2010-2011 winter. Appreciate any feedback very much.

Archived