Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Brief history of ice ages, and how that might relate to our future

Glenn M

Hi All,

New to the group. Been reading several of the posts and have found them interesting. I wanted to get some feedback on a paper I put together around ice ages in Earth's history. It should be attached to this post. I put this together more as a way to gather my thoughts on the topic - to get it out of my head and put it on paper. Its about 15 pages of content (but a lot of graphs and short text) but considering the topic (which one could write a 1,000 page paper on if they tried) its more of a cliff notes. 

As I said, its sort of a very brief history of climate change as it relates to ice ages. I am *NOT* trying to focus on  climate change as it is discussed today in its highly politicized format, although one cant help but at least touch on it a little.  If I were to very quickly sum up the paper I might make these points:

• Assert that we are technically still in an ice age (just that we're in the interglacial period)
  • Note that Earth's natural normal temperature when not in an ice age is much hotter than today
  • Theorize about 3 possible outcomes for our future, regardless of if humans are impacting climate change. 

Would love to discuss the observations/opinions I make in the paper to find its flaws/weaknesses, and maybe expand/change from how climate change is currently discussed in todays political environment.  I do hope the discussion can be constructive. I'm sure I have errors and/or my observations are flawed. I'm hoping to learn and make corrections. Note that this "paper" is just personal. It is not for any other purpose, it is not for publication or posting somewhere (beyond this forum), its not homework (I'm 54, not 15) and its not for work (I'm sure I'd be fired if this was meant for professional use).  Just my thoughts and observations to fuel my interest in the topic. 

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and feedback.

Glenn

A brief history of climate change and ice ages.docx