joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Weather

Snowman_69  

1. 1. White Christmas

• Will we have a white Christmas
    • Do you think that Illinois will have snow for Christmas

I live in Fulton Illinois and I'm a huge fan of predicting the weather for areas that I live in or family members live. I studied weather all through high school. I pay for the accuweather premium services so that way I can get all of my maps I need to help me predict snowstorms and sever thunderstorm. I love doing predictions of the weather and for the most part I am about 78% - 85% correct. When I lived up in Maquoketa Iowa, my mom worked for the Walmart there and they were always calling me up about what the weather was going to do. I really loved it too!! Well anyhow I have been following the huge cold front coming down from Canada and a major snow maker possibly for the upper midwest and Central plains. Accuweather is saying that the snowstorm is going to hit more of the upper midwest, but I'm watching the jet stream very closely and if my prediction is correct the snowstorm is going to actually drop down more than what accuweather is saying and the storm is going to come right across the central plains and hit Des Moines Iowa and travel straight across Iowa and Illinois and Chicago will be getting snow out of this storm. I'm hoping that my prediction is correct and that what I am seeing in the modules and the maps is going to change to were I will be correct. But the big question is how far down will the jet stream dip and how much strength and moisture it can pick up from the gulf. If the jet stream dips further south and the gulf of Mexico opens up. This could be a huge snow maker for the central and Northern plains.. Yeehaw!! I know that I really would love to have a white Christmas, and I know a lot of people that live in this part of the country would too. 

Archived