• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Supercell simulator project

I'm not very experienced with meteorology, so I need help. You know those fog tornadoes people make with a fog machine? I want to do that, but with the whole thing, the storm itself. I talked about this last year, but I lost interest for a while. I want to find a way to make a supercell in a box, like a 3D, functioning, very wet and messy, but realistic model! Please, anyone who might be able to help, if this is possible, please give me some advice!

Thanks!

Yergaderga

I'm not very experienced with meteorology, so I need help. You know those fog tornadoes people make with a fog machine? I want to do that, but with the whole thing, the storm itself. I talked about this last year, but I lost interest for a while. I want to find a way to make a supercell in a box, like a 3D, functioning, very wet and messy, but realistic model! Please, anyone who might be able to help, if this is possible, please give me some advice!

Thanks!

Yergaderga

Sorry, but not possible.  Even if you could get the moisture and shear correct, you'd need to downscale the vertical temperature gradient necessary to promote vertical buoyancy, latent heat release / a self-sustaining updraft, and conversion of liquid water to ice to produce the anvil structure (as well as latent heat of freezing needed to further maintain the updraft).  Downsized, that type of vertical temperature gradient would simply mix out. 

Archived