• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Looking for Global Climate Narrative

I'm looking for a publication, online or in print, that has a fairly detailed narrative climate discussion for cities throughout the world. Something to the level of detail one finds in the National Weather Service Narrative Climate Summary issued by some NWS offices and compiled in US weather almanacs. Even better if it discusses how the climate compares to nearby areas, mentions notable past extremes, etc. It should also include a basic climate graph of monthly temperature/precipitation/snowfall/days with thunder.

Thus far I have not had any luck finding this. Several web sites have a simple Koppen climate zone map of the world. Atlas-type books and online sites generally only have a sentance or two about the climate of a particular country. I've searched at Amazon for such things as "global climate atlas" but all I find are atlases that contain predictions for how global warming will affect various areas. Nothing wrong with that topic, but it's not what I'm looking for.

I am willing to pay for this information (but won't spend over say $100 for a book). Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived