• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
METAR/ASOS DSM, MSM

Does anyone know of a place to locate METAR/ASOS daily summary messages and monthly summary messages?

I've seen the event summaries for Sandy that list Max wind gust values, and I in the days after I scoured the raw data to find the gust values, but they dont seem to jive. Example: The highest gust I found for LGA was 62 kt (71.3 mph), but the event summary lists a max gust of 74 mpg as measured by ASOS.

I read somewhere the DSM's included the max gust value, but I havent had success locating DSM's.

Any help?

Does anyone know of a place to locate METAR/ASOS daily summary messages and monthly summary messages?

I've seen the event summaries for Sandy that list Max wind gust values, and I in the days after I scoured the raw data to find the gust values, but they dont seem to jive. Example: The highest gust I found for LGA was 62 kt (71.3 mph), but the event summary lists a max gust of 74 mpg as measured by ASOS.

I read somewhere the DSM's included the max gust value, but I havent had success locating DSM's.

Any help?

ftp://tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/SL.us008001/DF.c5/DC.textf/DS.dsmcx/

This site lists files containing the last several days of DSM's, including intermediate ones. File dates are listed in UTC so, for example, for most eastern sites the DSM's are listed in the 5:20 AM file. To find a specific site I usually use cntrl+f to find the call sign.

Archived