• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
AC Adapter Interferes with Weather Radio Signal

Matthew88

I wrote before, and was not able to get a signal from any of the seven frequencies on my weather radio. I have now figured out the problem with the radio... it is the AC adapter interfering with the signal. As soon as the adapter is unplugged from the unit, the signal improves greatly. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? The unit eats batteries overnight, even if I put it into stand-by mode. Really hoping I don't have to buy a big supply of batteries for this thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Matthew, I'm a relatively new member on here and just came across your post. Are you still having problems with your AC adapter? If so let me know and we can probably make some headway on your issue. If I understand your problem correctly when your AC adapter for your Weather Alert Radio is plugged in your AC power you are not able to get the weather radio to pick up any of the NWS broadcasts? Is that correct? If so then it sounds like you have an electrical noise problem on (at least) the electrical circuit that you are plugging your NWS radio into. If that is the case, this is not necessarily a problem with the adapter, but an instance in which the adapter is picking up "noise" from your 120 VAC power and feeding it into your Weather Alert Radio.

Let me know if you are still having this problem and we'll see if we can work out the problem.

Archived