• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid Month Inferno, How Hot Will It Get?

Mr Torchey

It is pretty ridiculous, we're starting off the month +5F in New England with an extremely mild week in the offing and the 12z ECM showing another death ridge approaching the area later next week. I don't think I've ever seen 20C 850s that far north this late in the season, and the entire Northern Hemisphere seems to be warm with the globe's surface remaining overall very mild even as satellites show the lower tropsophere rapidly cooling. Both the GFS and ECM ENS show most of the NH with above average 500mb heights, so we don't have a ton of cold air to tap though the Niña should change that by winter.

I am doing really well in NH; dealing with special needs students can be a challenge, especially for someone trained in foreign languages and not education, but I really enjoy their company. I think it's a very reasonable package for a starting teacher with a 20k salary for a short school year plus full room and board (nice apartment, nice food), and it's such a small school that the staff always seems to be on the same page. Loving being in the classroom as well.

Congrats, glad to hear it! I know my wife finds the work challenging but rewarding times a million.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived