• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weather stations and Macintosh computer software

Greetings I am new to this site and need a bit of help Beau Dodson suggested I ask my questions on this site, I am not sure if I am in the right forum or not, but here are the things I need help with. I am visually impaired and in the market for a new weather station, my last one was an Oregon Scientific and the outdoor portion only lasted for one set of batteries, and the monitor is very small. I would like to be able to tie in with my Mac computer I have had a few recommendations for Davis Instruments the hardware reviews seem to be good to very good, but the software for Apple that comes with the usb adapter does not seem to get very good reviews. So I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for third party adapters and or software for the Mac. Also I am not tied to Davis but would like good hardware and software (battery monitor is optional) that is compatible with my Mac is a must. I would like if possible to be able access via the net , also would like to be able maintain and archive data.

If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated.

Thanks Richard

Archived