• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Weather Risk Management and Derivatives?

CapybaraGras

Hey there,

I am abit of a finance geek myself and had previously research the use of weather derivatives. Today I came across a company who seems to structure these certificates for weather risk management purposes (i.e. you are a corn producer and wanna protect yourself against losses resulting from drought etc.) and they are also offering test accounts which let you purchase the certificates virtually (no real money obv.)

Looks cool to me and wanted to share to see what you guys think: Weather Derivatives

Capy

Hey there,

I am abit of a finance geek myself and had previously research the use of weather derivatives. Today I came across a company who seems to structure these certificates for weather risk management purposes (i.e. you are a corn producer and wanna protect yourself against losses resulting from drought etc.) and they are also offering test accounts which let you purchase the certificates virtually (no real money obv.)

Looks cool to me and wanted to share to see what you guys think: Weather Derivatives

Capy

How come this is in climate change?

Anyway, I've always liked the concept of wx derivs, but I've heard the market hasn't been that liquid for awhile now. Hopefully that changes.

Archived