• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Really windy in nevada

It seems like a day doesn't pass when the wind doesn't blow, last night it got pretty wild. I kind of expected some storms to blow in but of course nothing comes in as usual. I hate living in the desert nothing intresting ever happens weather wise (expect the wind can get pretty entertaining sometimes) I thought clouds from northern Nevada would come south towards us but wasn't the case. How often does it blow hard for you guys?

Thanks for the clarification, I am completely new to weather but I love it. :thumbsup:

Just read that air near the surface is heated and rises, cooler air comes in to replace hot rising air and this movement of air results in winds. Which makes sense, you know it seems like deserts if they weren't so dry would be a storm making machine due to the heat.

Thanks for the clarification, I am completely new to weather but I love it. :thumbsup:

Just read that air near the surface is heated and rises, cooler air comes in to replace hot rising air and this movement of air results in winds. Which makes sense, you know it seems like deserts if they weren't so dry would be a storm making machine due to the heat.

Can also get rotation in the form of dust devils that way. During the Summer here in AZ ground surface temperatures approach 200F. Also, we tend to mix out to high levels with the mixing height in June and July around here up at about the 550 mb level which means that winds though that layer can transfer to the ground.

Steve

Archived