Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
what happend?

soadforecaster

Update:

The CC in my domain registrar's account expired, and they neither informed me that it was expired nor informed me when my domain expired. I'll have to get things up and running on another domain name. Though, I won't ever be registering with that registrar again.

This may take a little while. But it'll be back, just not where it used to be.

Access to the main Winter Storm Archive has been restored at the following address:

http://www.raymondcmartinjr.com/weather/

Please note that other parts of what was once njfreeways.com may not yet be accessible, including the Trenton data (sorry Isotherm). Will try to restore access to at least the Trenton data portion in the next few days. Right now... I have a mountain to climb ;)

My domain name may have been hijacked. I've posted a complaint with my domain registrar. We'll see where that goes.

looks like some guy from south korea jumped on it -

Domain name: NJFREEWAYS.COM

Jungja Dong

Seongnam, GyeongGi South Korea.

I'm guessing maybe your email contact on file wasn't checked before the domain expired? They usually send out around 3 email alerts before something like this happens. The thing that sucks is they never call or something, no matter how big your domain name is.

You had a PR3 too.

There's a whole buncha scavengers out there that solely wait for domains to expire and hop on the opportunity. All kinds of tools at hand seeing daily lists of domains expiring and their estimated worth.

looks like some guy from south korea jumped on it -

I'm guessing maybe your email contact on file wasn't checked before the domain expired? They usually send out around 3 email alerts before something like this happens. The thing that sucks is they never call or something, no matter how big your domain name is.

You had a PR3 too.

There's a whole buncha scavengers out there that solely wait for domains to expire and hop on the opportunity. All kinds of tools at hand seeing daily lists of domains expiring and their estimated worth.

When I asked, Dotster (my former registrar) said they didn't usually send out e-mails for expired credit cards or domains. Hence why they are my "former" registrar.

Looks good Ray, glad to see the site's back up.

BTW, I was wondering if you knew if the Freehold-Marlboro temp data is accurate/reliable?

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/climate/xmacis.php?wfo=phi

I was trying to find good temp data for my area; I checked New Brunswick as well. Not sure if Freehold's is accurate b/c their snowfall avg is listed as 18", definitely not right. Maybe there's missing years in there with the temp data too.

When I asked, Dotster (my former registrar) said they didn't usually send out e-mails for expired credit cards or domains. Hence why they are my "former" registrar.

Never even heard of them, but it's a disgrace they still got away with that. If it was a problem with their email server, not sending the emails out when they should of...you might have a case there.

Thought I read somewhere that it's a requirement for domain companies to send out at-least 3 emails before something like that happens. (not 100% sure, but I think)

Never even heard of them, but it's a disgrace they still got away with that. If it was a problem with their email server, not sending the emails out when they should of...you might have a case there.

Thought I read somewhere that it's a requirement for domain companies to send out at-least 3 emails before something like that happens. (not 100% sure, but I think)

Yeah it seemed a bit fishy too. It took some digging with them to figure out what had happened, and then after a while they asked their security people and suddenly that was the response. Makes me wonder if maybe they actually had a hacker swipe some domains from them and they want to keep it under wraps.

Archived