joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Beat Goes On - JAN 21 Threat

PhineasC

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so basically its a decent clipper that will show the backedge as soon as the storm starts. I am getting really tired of these events. Warm it up or give me a Miller A

there is an old saying in life, sir and that is, ""if you can't get what you want, want what you can get""" capiche(spelled correctly??)

take a look at the shape of the trough on the 3 DAY UKMET

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/cgi-bin/gen_grbcalc2.cgi?re=namer&id=&zoom=.6&ti=0≥=1024x768&mo=ukmet≤=500&va=hght&in=60&pl=cf&ft=h72&cu=latest&overlay=no&mo=≤=&va=&in=&pl=ln&ft=h24&cu=latest

we'll never get anywhere with that

now look at the CFS from yesterday and the cold it has predicted for FEB

looks real close to the UKMET to me

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/people/wwang/cfs_fcst/images3/usT2mMon.gif

The trend in the models for all the "storms" this year seems to be this:

Days 3-7: Look really good...possible WSW type snows. Certainly high WWA level snows.

Day 1-3: Crap the bed. QPF levels cut by factor of 2 or more. Begging for 1" of snow.

Last 18-24hrs: Bring things back just a little.

Pretty accurate summary for this year. We should just keep posting this over and over.:popcorn:

Your right, its deff been the trend to do exactly what this is doing, but Im just saying, its still not our of the realm of possibilities.

There is no way we get 5" anywhere near the cities with this setup. Just go into this with a 1-2" mindset and over that will be gravy. Stop going high

Archived