Total Members
    Most Online
    TuggHillRosato
    Newest Member
    TuggHillRosato

Coronavirus

3 minutes ago, UMB WX said:

455.jpeg

What he fails to understand is that if they didn't have those hospitals set up and needed them, they would have been ****ed. I would rather be overprepared than underprepared. I mean its just common sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

C'mon guys. Knock it off. The field hospital thing was mismanaged AND NYC hospitals were overwhelmed, which I believe was the original point being made.

• Like 1

Cuomo killed 12,000 grandmas by sending them back to the nursing homes and wrote a book on how to "deal with a pandemic" that he is making tens of thousands of dollars on. He is condescending to anyone asking questions about his $25k salary increase in January while all the normal citizens suffer. He's the biggest joke of a governor in the country. To say he deserves an emmy is just pure comedy. He is profiting from the misfortune and suffering of others.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

C'mon guys. Knock it off. The field hospital thing was mismanaged AND NYC hospitals were overwhelmed, which I believe was the original point being made.

He is making it out to be something nefarious with the field hospitals, it was more about absolute uncertainty. Thank god we at least have an idea of what to do now compared to back in April.

• Like 1

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

Cuomo killed 12,000 grandmas by sending them back to the nursing homes and wrote a book on how to deal with a pandemic that he is making tens of thousands of dollars on. He is condescending to anyone asking questions about his $25k salary increase in January while all the normal citizens suffer. He's the biggest joke of a governor in the country.

Why is Cuomo the only governor responsible for all the nursing home deaths in his state? Nursing home deaths are still about 40% of all deaths across the entire country. Nursing home deaths are a huge problem and a large percentage of deaths in Europe, too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Why is Cuomo the only governor responsible for all the nursing home deaths in his state? Nursing home deaths are still about 40% of all deaths across the entire country. Nursing home deaths are a huge problem and a large percentage of deaths in Europe, too. 

So you're saying he successfully handled the pandemic despite having by far the most amount of deaths of any state? You think he should profit from other peoples sufferings? Is he the example we want to follow in how to combat this thing? He was late in applying for the extended UI because he dislikes Trump. I mean really...?

where were these grandma's supposed to go if not back in the nursing homes? The ship and the center were supposed to be for non-COVID patients so they weren't bombarding the hospitals

• Like 2

So you're saying he successfully handled the pandemic despite having by far the most amount of deaths of any state? You think he should profit from other peoples sufferings? Is he the example we want to follow in how to combat this thing? He was late to apply for the extended UI because he dislikes Trump. I mean really...?

No. I didnt say any of that. I'm questioning why he's responsible for every single nursing home death in his state while I never hear a damn thing about any other governor and their responsibility for nursing home deaths. 

NY was hit harder than any of other state early. Nursing home deaths are proportional to community transmission. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, A-L-E-K said:

Cuomo is trash and did kill a bunch of people, this is true

Wasn't that a CDC idea though and the governors were just following through with the guidance given? I will say it was absolutely terrible guidance tho.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A-L-E-K said:

Cuomo is trash and did kill a bunch of people, this is true

I agree he's trash. I'm still in the camp that scientifically speaking, I dont believing sending back stabilized patients well after peak infectiousness would significantly increase spread. Most of the spread would be from staff bringing in the virus from the outside. 

Just now, OSUmetstud said:

I agree he's trash. I'm still in the camp that scientifically speaking, I dont believing sending back stabilized patients well after peak infectiousness would significantly increase spread. Most of the spread would be from staff bringing in the virus from the outside. 

Yes and the reluctance of medical directors at these homes in believing this was a real thing or following any sort of guidelines. The malpractice that went on in March and April was astounding.

Might stay under 200k hopefully. Case growth has definitely slowed, especially in Illinois, Wisconsin, and a couple of plains states. Wisconsin has seen cases, positivity rate and hospitalizations drop a bit so might be having a bit of a peak there (for now). Test accessibility might be keeping numbers down a bit at this point in a few places though.

4 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Wasn't that a CDC idea though and the governors were just following through with the guidance given? I will say it was absolutely terrible guidance tho.

This is a nation of C- students at damn near all levels

5 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

No. I didnt say any of that. I'm questioning why he's responsible for every single nursing home death in his state while I never hear a damn thing about any other governor and their responsibility for nursing home deaths. 

NY was hit harder than any of other state early. Nursing home deaths are proportional to community transmission. 

You simply don't discharge COVID positive elderly people back into nursing homes unless the hospitals were overrun with patients. (They weren't) He changed his stance in May about that. For me it was common sense.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/10/hospitals-cant-discharge-coronavirus-patients-to-nursing-homes-cuomo/

https://nypost.com/2020/10/02/it-never-happened-gov-cuomo-denies-causing-nursing-home-deaths/

You simply don't discharge COVID positive elderly people back into nursing homes unless the hospitals were overrun with patients. He changed his stance in May about that. For me it was common sense.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/10/hospitals-cant-discharge-coronavirus-patients-to-nursing-homes-cuomo/

https://nypost.com/2020/10/02/it-never-happened-gov-cuomo-denies-causing-nursing-home-deaths/

In April the hospitals were overrun in NY...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stebo said:

In April the hospitals were overrun in NY...

Go look at the data, only NYC was. This was a statewide order. March, April, until May 10th I believe he was sending Covid positive elderly ones from hospitals back to nursing homes. They could have used the ship to isolate these ones and provide them with exemplary care. The ship wasn't even used.

Go look at the data, only NYC was. This was a statewide order. March, April, until May 10th I believe he was sending Covid positive elderly ones from hospitals back to nursing homes.

It was an emergency order and no one knew how much it would spread. Hindsight is always 20/20, but at the time he saw what was happening in NYC and went statewide because it could have spread that much.  It is same for many other states.

• Like 1

It was an emergency order and no one knew how much it would spread. Hindsight is always 20/20, but at the time he saw what was happening in NYC and went statewide because it could have spread that much.  It is same for many other states.

I agree, but you don't write a book on how to successfully deal with a pandemic and give yourself a massive raise while everyone is living on $200 UI a week. Leaves a terrible taste in my mouth. Its on the nations best sellers, I believe top 10...

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronavirus/new-york-hospitals-sent-6300-recovering-covid-patients-to-nursing-homes/2502812/

I can't say it enough, this deployment I'm on couldn't have hit at a better time. Watching the s*it show unfold from 8k miles away is incredible. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I agree, but you don't write a book on how to successfully deal with a pandemic, give yourself a massive raise while everyone is living on $200 UI a week. Leaves a terrible taste in my mouth. Its on the nations best sellers, I believe top 10...

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronavirus/new-york-hospitals-sent-6300-recovering-covid-patients-to-nursing-homes/2502812/

The book is tacky as hell, the pay increase is more than like done by state congress, I highly doubt the governor gives himself a raise.

• Like 1

The book is tacky as hell, the pay increase is more than like done by state congress, I highly doubt the governor gives himself a raise.

I have loads of friends who are corrections officers. They had a contract through the state for a pay raise this year that got delayed/denied. Cuomo is the highest paid governor in the country already. He is getting a raise of $25k in January.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cuomo-pay-raise-2021

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

I'm noticing colder weather starting to be modeled. This could play a role in December's #s along with Thanksgiving. Yes we're screwed

It is quite possible the warm weather a couple of weeks ago is helping to stabilize the numbers a bit (more people outdoors). but colder weather+Thanksgiving is a major issue.

• Like 2

I have loads of friends who are corrections officers. They had a contract through the state for a pay raise this year that got delayed/denied. Cuomo is the highest paid governor in the country already. He is getting a raise of $25k in January.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cuomo-pay-raise-2021

Directly from your story...

But amid the struggles of New York and other states, Cuomo's salary is still set to increase from $225,000 in 2020 to $250,000 in 2021. That is the result of a pre-panedmic resolution passed by the legislature, which noted the New York governor and the lieutenant governor had each made the same salary since 1999. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Directly from your story...

But amid the struggles of New York and other states, Cuomo's salary is still set to increase from $225,000 in 2020 to $250,000 in 2021. That is the result of a pre-panedmic resolution passed by the legislature, which noted the New York governor and the lieutenant governor had each made the same salary since 1999. 

My point still stands. He's the highest paid governor in the country while people are getting paid $200 a week UI. He receives a raise while those working in the prisons got theirs declined, despite having a contract in place with the state.

• Weenie 3

This country tortures the poor, the blacks, the elderly, and the disabled. They don't care how people on unemployment will get groceries or pay rent.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1