• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    queenofscience
    Newest Member
    queenofscience

Tuesday 1/7/20 Disco snow event

3 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Where you at? Your location says Harlem.

mPING reports suggest its snow/mostly snow in Dale City and just outside Oakton, which at least means that the rain/snow line won't be too far away from the metro -- if it starts as rain at all.

I live in Harlem but I'm visiting the 'rents in Chevy Chase rn. 

Dew points are low so yeah I bet it changes over fast. 

5 minutes ago, H2O said:

43F at the office.  But I have only one question.  How can @nw baltimore wx and @Scraff be drinkin already on a Tuesday?  don't you punks work?

I'm pretty sure it's required that you be unemployed or working for the government if you have 20K+ posts

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

there was a boom outside and it spooked the kitties but I don't think it was thunder.

This is my super secret early first estimate for a hypothetical guess.  I will issue my first updated early estimated guess later today and my final forecast sometime tomorrow after I read the storm report bulletins. 

StormMap.png.97240022b89209cd6d6592c37e5f9bbe.png

I actually feel pretty good about this one for anyone NW of 95... some pretty good forcing and omega showing up. Should overcome marginal temps there.  I could even see some of those 3-4" totals sneak in real close to 95 if banding sets up right.   In the UHI...it will be close and you know the drill.  Good luck everyone.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, wxtrix said:

there was a boom outside and it spooked the kitties but I don't think it was thunder.

How many "Kitties" do u have ? Hopefully its thunder 

• Like 1

In New Windsor, Carroll County.  Looking west from the fire department and the Catoctin Mts just faded out.  Really raw too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

This is my super secret early first estimate for a hypothetical guess.  I will issue my first updated early estimated guess later today and my final forecast sometime tomorrow after I read the storm report bulletins. 

StormMap.png.97240022b89209cd6d6592c37e5f9bbe.png

I actually feel pretty good about this one for anyone NW of 95... some pretty good forcing and omega showing up. Should overcome marginal temps there.  I could even see some of those 3-4" totals sneak in real close to 95 if banding sets up right.   In the UHI...it will be close and you know the drill.  Good luck everyone.

hell yeah 3-5"

2 minutes ago, Wonderdog said:

Heavy snow in Gainesville 33゚

At least it started all snow. 33 -SN

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, H2O said:

43F at the office.  But I have only one question.  How can @nw baltimore wx and @Scraff be drinkin already on a Tuesday?  don't you punks work?

:lol: I luckily found myself a way into the beer industry. I work at home Monday’s and Tuesday’s taking beer orders. Wednesday-Friday I’m around MoCo selling / and or chilling at one of my 6 breweries.  It’s a rough life I tell ya. 

1 minute ago, Scraff said:

:lol: I luckily found myself a way into the beer industry. I work at home Monday’s and Tuesday’s taking beer orders. Wednesday-Friday I’m around MoCo selling / and or chilling at one of my 6 breweries.  It’s a rough life I tell ya. 

hook a brother up in about a year and a half.  Va always needs more breweries.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

How many "Kitties" do u have ? Hopefully its thunder 

just 2:  Rey (black) and Finn (grey).  she's a Russian Black and he's a Russian Blue.

rey 2.jpg

Finn snow.jpg

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Spc meso

Man, that finger of fronto/lift through central MD is going to be pretty sweet here shortly. Omegas/DGZ on the soundings are impressive..

OB: 40 and virga

• Like 2
  • Weenie 3

1 minute ago, H2O said:

Harlem, NY checking in on DC OPM status

Lol I mentioned a bit earlier that I'm in Chevy Chase visiting my parents. 

3 minutes ago, Wonderdog said:

Government closes down at 1:00 p.m. Really?

1 minute ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

Yeah kind of ridiculous

OPM is going to be even more inclined to close now that so many people are telework capable.  They expect you to hop back on once you get home, or take leave.