• Member Statistics

    15,883
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    WXMal4
    Newest Member
    WXMal4
    Joined
Sign in to follow this  
WxUSAF

March 1, 2019 Light Snow Chance

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, mappy said:

So is the snow from the coastal legit? Not much mention of snow chances from it on the news. 

I'm not sure what the excitement is. Maybe the folks in a few counties way north and way west can post their obs in WxUSAF's showme's new thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, T. August said:

I get on my hands and knees so I can see the ruler straight on. It’s cold but it works.

I use my dryer vent while the dryer is running.  DCA taught me

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EastCoast NPZ said:

I should hope not.

Find an elevated hard surface at least.  I use my patio table.

You don't use the abundant cacti you have in your parts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Definitely. Also, something that may impact the seasonal contest.

Looks like a HoCo, northern AA, Balt city, Balt county jackpot zone. 

I love when MBY wins :snowman:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this was one of those events that probably happen every other day in the upper midwest/new england lol.  heard sleet, went back to sleep.  i suppose we got an inch here.  pavement wet.

i'd like for the sun/mon event to pan out, but i'll probably be done with winter after that.  i'm ready for some milder weather.

edit: looks like some chances through next weekend, so i'll give it until then.  after that...bring on spring!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

1.8" 

Roads and sidewalks clear.  Light mist falling since I woke up.  March snow sucks.

Same deal in Germantown - measured 1.9 inches.  What will really suck is if we get rain and 33 tonight, more cold rain Sunday night, then super-cold and dry for a few days as currently predicted.

I hope the SE ridge sets up shop after next week and stays for the rest of the month.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I'm not sure what the excitement is. Maybe the folks in a few counties way north and way west can post their obs in WxUSAF's showme's new thread.

im one of those folks :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Same deal in Germantown - measured 1.9 inches.  What will really suck is if we get rain and 33 tonight, more cold rain Sunday night, then super-cold and dry for a few days as currently predicted.

I hope the SE ridge sets up shop after next week and stays for the rest of the month.

 

At this point, having given up hope of any significant snow event at my latitude, I am just rooting to keep the grass dormant through March.  Tired of the cold wind too, but dreading the 3 to 4 hours yardwork every week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, snjókoma said:

Arlington Public Schools just closed today. There is 0.4” on grassy areas and it’s melting. PWC closed too. What a joke.

Just woke up to this bad news.  WTF am I going to do with my kids all day when there’s no snow for sledding.  Can’t believe they closed the schools.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Howard county schools stayed opened on a 2 hour delay despite there being about 2.5-3” on the ground here in Ellicott City. Would you look at that? They do have some gall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jaydreb said:

Just woke up to this bad news.  WTF am I going to do with my kids all day when there’s no snow for sledding.  Can’t believe they closed the schools.  

Amazingly, MoCo did not close...first day of HS baseball tryouts!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jayyy said:

Howard county schools stayed opened on a 2 hour delay despite there being about 2.5-3” on the ground here in Ellicott City. Would you look at that? They do have some gall. 

We are out of snow days, people will get real mad if they have to start extending the school year. Plus the streets are clear. It sure does look like a winter wonderland out there though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steve25 said:

Oh yeah, I'm all about that. I usually take a few grass measurements and then measure on flat, cold surfaces such as the things you mentioned and take the average. 

then your measurements are false.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

then your measurements are false.

My measurements always the same as the people in this forum that are located near me and the official reports on the NWS site, so I must just be a lucky guesser then...with every storm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jayyy said:

Howard county schools stayed opened on a 2 hour delay despite there being about 2.5-3” on the ground here in Ellicott City. Would you look at that? They do have some gall. 

2hr delay was the right call. Very little on the roads. Lol at NoVA school systems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Steve25 said:

My measurements always the same as the people in this forum that are located near me and the official reports on the NWS site, so I must just be a lucky guesser then...with every storm...

your measurements are false.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

We are out of snow days, people will get real mad if they have to start extending the school year. Plus the streets are clear. It sure does look like a winter wonderland out there though!

They can't extend the school year any longer because they already have extended as far as they can (Friday, June 21st) because of summer school.  They are already one make up day beyond the 21st, so unless they get a waiver they may have to extend the school day.  Especially if there is more snow next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

I should hope not.

Find an elevated hard surface at least.  I use my patio table.

I never have a problem finding that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.