Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 12-13th Cold Smoke Obs and Nowcast

Bob Chill

5 minutes ago, LeesburgWx said:

9.5" of compressed snow now and still dropping out of the sky! Will easily be able to pick up that extra half inch by the end of this storm and hit double digits!

More shoveling for me tomorrow morning. 1 shovel session this morning was enough haha

Screenshot_20190113-184608_Gallery.jpg

This was only a rehearsal, Leesburg. The Snow Gods went easy on the Mid Atlantic with this first snow.

This is going to be an EPIC Winter for the Mid Atlantic!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

10.5" official. 4" since 3pm (very high ratio) and 10" sitting on all elevated hard surfaces. 

There are going to be double digit totals all over dc/nova/md burbs. Amazing. Want a foot...might happen

I was going to be happy with 4”, that was gonna be my most ever. A foot is mind blowing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, supernovasky said:

I was going to be happy with 4”, that was gonna be my most ever. A foot is mind blowing.

Hope you're feeling better today. Out of curiosity, this the biggest snowstorm of your life? You definitely were in a great spot for this one.

9 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

10.5" official. 4" since 3pm (very high ratio) and 10" sitting on all elevated hard surfaces. 

There are going to be double digit totals all over dc/nova/md burbs. Amazing. Want a foot...might happen

Meh. Was looking good for double digits up until an hour or two ago. My loss is your gain.

16 minutes ago, Jebman said:

CONGRATS! This, is a very very good time for a nice, leisurely jebwalk.

You know its good when you gotta walk backwards against the snow because you can't even see where you're going.

Yes!!! Yes!! My daughter and I were walking backward up the street!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

It very much is. Tempered by me still feeling sick. Either the flu or the remnants of Norovirus. Hoping is the later. I’ll know if I wake up better or worse tomorrow.

Damn... sorry about that. Hope you get better soon. As so many others have been saying, this is just the beginning of a potentially epic period of deep winter. Glad you were able to experience this, even if it was mostly from inside.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic