• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Cat Lady
    Newest Member
    Cat Lady
NEG NAO

March 13 - 15 Major Winter Storm Potential

I agree. Even if it doesn't it IMO is understanding the dynamic cooling properly, I know the term is often overused, but this is truly a dynamic setup. 

Outside of a text book, I have never seen such an amazing set up for this area. And by text book, I mean a diagram.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, USCG RS said:

It's indicating a full phase. Where that happens, those north and NW are going to get absolutely demolished. If this happens around acy or oc and a little off the coast, li and nyc get absolutely rocked.

HRRR at 18z.. 

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 1.51.19 AM.png

1 minute ago, weatherlogix said:

i did. its further EAST as compared to 3Z

You are missing my point... I know its E but in those 4 hours it just drifts NE it barely moves. 

1 minute ago, Ericjcrash said:

Thing of beauty for 90% of us. You are set in any event my man. Grest poster and great local area. 

Thanks brother.. I think some on the coast are in for a nice surprise.. Hopefully this can go down as #1 !

2 minutes ago, snywx said:

You are missing my point... I know its E but in those 4 hours it just drifts NE it barely moves. 

every single model is in the same exact position, if not further west. You are missing the point.

1 minute ago, KeithB said:

Euro looks good. Pretty much identical to the 12z Euro. Don't you think Billy?

And it's in the Ukmet, GFS And Ggem camp. Not the Nam camp.

Thanks brother.. I think some on the coast are in for a nice surprise.. Hopefully this can go down as #1 !

I tend to agree

Just now, ag3 said:

And it's in the Ukmet, GFS And Ggem camp. Not the Nam camp.

how far west does the 850 line get? 700mb temps?

more importantly, where do the mid-level centers track?

55 minutes ago, cjr231 said:

I'm on 10th avenue in the city. Can see Hoboken from my apt. And it's snowing here. I've only been reading and lurking but your incessant negativity is downright ridiculous. Why don't you take a nap. You'll wake up at 6am to a wintery scene. 

Missed the negativity, but i'm on 43rd & 10th, where are you?! Wanna drink some beers and watch the snow fall at landsdown tomorrow? 

1 minute ago, Stormlover74 said:

Hrrr has no snow for AC despite being under a warning. Currently they're 36 and raining, so seems to be handling pretty well.

That's just an awful place to be during this setup. They are on the same latitude as Baltimore and have all that ocean even on a NE flow. 

2 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

That's just an awful place to be during this setup. They are on the same latitude as Baltimore and have all that ocean even on a NE flow. 

Yeah I was surprised they were forecast to get 4-6" though the map says under an inch

25 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Somebody needs some logic. That's all I have to say. Gorgeous.

ECI8.jpg

That is nice. Shame the stj energy couldn't slow down. 

By 4am NY and environs look to be nuked 30 DBZ++ acording to radar trends down stream, already snowing moderatly and .75 of an inch OTG in Kew Gardens 

1 minute ago, nyblizz44 said:

By 4am NY and environs look to be nuked 30 DBZ++ acording to radar trends down stream, already snowing moderatly and .75 of an inch OTG in Kew Gardens 

Some reporting sleet, some reporting heavy snows with some of those bands down south. Dual pol had a distinct sleet line creeping further north. Probably sleet reflections.

1 minute ago, ScottB said:

Some reporting sleet, some reporting heavy snows with some of those bands down south. Dual pol had a distinct sleet line creeping further north. Probably sleet reflections.

The line is in fact creeping to Philly but our temps have dropped from 33 to 29 at JFK and 28 at CPK and the HRR shows evaporational cooling with heavy banding will hold the mix line at bay or push it south as the bands crank. No model shows any mixing before 10 am in worst case scenario ( ignoring what appears to be a rather faulty NAM IMO). Lets just say the REGM , GGEM , Euro and HRR are handeling situation far better than the NAM IMHO

6 minutes ago, nyblizz44 said:

The line is in fact creeping to Philly but our temps have dropped from 33 to 29 at JFK and 28 at CPK and the HRR shows evaporational cooling with heavy banding will hold the mix line at bay or push it south as the bands crank. No model shows any mixing before 10 am in worst case scenario ( ignoring what appears to be a rather faulty NAM IMO). Lets just say the REGM , GGEM , Euro and HRR are handeling situation far better than the NAM IMHO

Oh I agree, just being cautiously optimistic. Have heard reports of both heavy sleet and heavy paste. I do not trust 35 db echos creeping north during snowstorms lol

10 minutes ago, ScottB said:

You can clearly see the mix line here.. Stretching E from PHL

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 3.10.39 AM.png