Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 22-23 Mid Atlantic Storm Thread #3 - No Banter

stormtracker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The stunning part is that we have two varying solutions that end up in generally the same place. It just wants to snow. A lot.

This is what is so crazy to me.  Two very different solutions, yet both coming to the same conclusion that is itself so utterly freakish that it is hard to fathom.  No matter what happens, people will be studying this event for a long time.

This is what is so crazy to me.  Two very different solutions, yet both coming to the same conclusion that is itself so utterly freakish that it is hard to fathom.  No matter what happens, people will be studying this event for a long time.

I wouldn't say they are very different. The early track is different by a decent amount but the process is basically the same. By crunch time they're quite similar. We have some breathing room it seems... still tbd where the biggest of the big dump happens but it seems to be trying to center.

I'm gonna let this one slide by since dude came in here to troll us.   Ok, no more freebies with banter. 

I don't think he was here to troll.  There is a website out, located here: http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ukmo2.php?nh=1&carte=1021&ech=72&archive=0 that puts out data really fast from the UKMET..  well before most other sources.

Not sure where the "sorry guys"/"troll" thing came from.. but on the part of SC, apologies.

The Euro is even getting some snow down into my yard which I really thought was unheard of.  We respectable ones down here in the SE don't want to see you guys shut out.  It looks like a good hit for you guys even with the slower Euro solution.

I don't see any way that the South trend continues... and I would expect to see it come slightly North on most solutions by 12z as we typically see on modeling as the event nears.

20" + for all of MD and DE other than the coastal areas. Lower DE 15, SBY 10.

!!!!!!!

That blizzard of 96 analog looks better and better. Sounds like still a flip to rain back to snow? How do winds look? Bad coastal flooding looks like it could be a serious, if underreported aspect of this storm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Archived