e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Election week coastal storm threat

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree if it looks similar to 12z I am going with that. That would be like 7 runs of the same solution.

It's not 7 runs of the same solution. Each one is ticking slightly east of its previous. Two days ago, it had me in a foot of snow. There's also several models with the storm pretty far out to sea for some of us. You can LOL me all you want, but I suspect that your primary reason for going with the Euro is that it still gives you some snow, but I'll stick with what I said, you have to lean more east. For some in our region, the Mid-Atlantic, that's a good thing. For some of us, it's not. For your region, Pennsylvania, I have no clue because I'm not interested.

I hope that you end up correct. I'd like to see it snow myself. But I think I'll hold off on putting that snowplow blade on my mower. I sure would like to see some other models throw some precip back my way. I keep waiting, but it's not happening. At least not yet.

The Euro Ensemble mean (which probably matter more than the Operationals at this point) came in further WEST on the 00z run compared to yesterday's 12z run (which actually increased our precip but kept the 850 0C line in the same spot).

06z GFS Ensemble mean is about where the 12z Euro Ensemble was.

Ensembles FTW.

Like most know BL temps will be an issue. Euro is best shot if it is right

Honestly for us i think most reasonable expectation would be to see flakes falling mixing with rain but enough snow to tell it is snowing...accumulations if any would be of course for the nose bleed seats

The Euro Ensemble mean (which probably matter more than the Operationals at this point) came in further WEST on the 00z run compared to yesterday's 12z run (which actually increased our precip but kept the 850 0C line in the same spot).

Ensembles FTW.

I like the sound of that.

Isn't timing an issue here as well. Wouldn't slower argue for further west vs. a faster solution? Or no?

Ensembles FTW.

It looks the the euro ens mean 500 closes of a low far enough south to put us in the deformation zone though I don't have any precip output from it.

Ensembles FTW.

except last winter when they were pretty much useless

my concern with the euro pulling a "euro bust" has grown just since it has shifted east recent runs. tho most of the time the gfs is about where we want it however cliche that is.

It's gonna be one of those tight gradient storm which are always worrisome. The 09Z sref guidance was all over the place in terms of QP suggesting that this is a situation where the initial conditions are much more important than for the sandy forecast at the same time range. For those looking for a deterministic forecast right now, good luck.

post-70-0-27882700-1352046206_thumb.png

Archived