joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 24-28 winter weather period

Ji

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be putting more hopes in the 26th storm than the 24th. The 24th will (hopefully) set the stage for the 26th storm.

As for Justin's call...he's really trying to become the new JB. He's got the initials working for him, thinks global warming's a hoax and always goes balls out for snow forecasts...

Wow,

with a posative nao the timing and track have to be perfect. Look at how from run to run, the models are swapping out solutions. I'm with Matt, I'll be watching but right now am not that excited about our chances.

Now let me say this before all the Berk roadies come in...I like the guy...went on his radio show that he had with Tony Pann and filled in...but Justin...50%? with the way the models have been flipping around in THIS pattern? :yikes:

Anyway, I'm on the Matt Jet Ski.

I'd be putting more hopes in the 26th storm than the 24th. The 24th will (hopefully) set the stage for the 26th storm.

As for Justin's call...he's really trying to become the new JB. He's got the initials working for him, thinks global warming's a hoax and always goes balls out for snow forecasts...

There's a 50% DC/Balt will see daylight on the 25th.

There's a 50% DC/Balt will see daylight on the 25th.

I was ok with some of the model outputs from a few days ago showing rain on Christmas eve or the 23rd and then a pretty darn cold day on Christmas. But, with all "cold" shots 10 days out so far, things look much closer to seasonable when we get closer to game time.

I know it's the NAM at the end of its range, but just look how that SE ridge starts to expand at the end of the 12Z run today

http://mag.ncep.noaa...el=&imageSize=M

Probably in part because the NAM has the trough deeper out west. Much deeper than the GFS. Deeper trough pumps the ridge out ahead of it. Amazing that with a 1034 HP over Lake Superior the surface freezing line is basically into Canada :axe:

Probably in part because the NAM has the trough deeper out west. Much deeper than the GFS. Deeper trough pumps the ridge out ahead of it. Amazing that with a 1034 HP over Lake Superior the surface freezing line is basically into Canada :axe:

the winter of 11/12 so far

for this weenie, until I see some real changes in Canada/NP, and I "think" that will happen in JAN, I'm figuring "what we've seen is what we'll get"

the Euro.....at Day 5+??

it ain't been that good this year for anyone on the east coast at that range

it'll change plenty over the next 5 days

It's been pretty steady with this one for a few runs. And its way better than the GFS at this range.

It's been pretty steady with this one for a few runs. And its way better than the GFS at this range.

hate to pull this one out of the bag of tricks, but the "seasonal trend" says rain for most up and down the caost

maybe this one will be different, and NE has a way of pulling it out of their butts, but my guess is that the Euro will warm it up as time goes on

of course, I hope I'm wrong and this one bucks the trend, but I don't see anything in the conus at this time to suggest it will be different

hate to pull this one out of the bag of tricks, but the "seasonal trend" says rain for most up and down the caost

maybe this one will be different, and NE has a way of pulling it out of their butts, but my guess is that the Euro will warm it up as time goes on

of course, I hope I'm wrong and this one bucks the trend, but I don't see anything in the conus at this time to suggest it will be different

i wouldnt doubt it for now. the high racing east is not really a good thing. im not saying its right as is but its better than the gfs if the gfs is giving dc snow.

As if what I say makes a difference. The probability of snow around xmas ahs probably risen to near climo. That's still really low but not completely no.

If only. Actually, if only what JB (Joe or Justin) said made a difference.

Climo for us is around 15-25%, I believe, depending on exactly where you are in our region. More than that for folks out in the WV mountains of course. I'd take those odds. Given the pattern, I'd be very happy with just seeing some frozen precip on Christmas eve or Christmas day even if the bulk is rain or it's a snow-to-rain event.

If only. Actually, if only what JB (Joe or Justin) said made a difference.

Climo for us is around 15-25%, I believe, depending on exactly where you are in our region. More than that for folks out in the WV mountains of course. I'd take those odds. Given the pattern, I'd be very happy with just seeing some frozen precip on Christmas eve or Christmas day even if the bulk is rain or it's a snow-to-rain event.

a little high.. as far as snow on ground goes. and i think wes is thinking lower (as far as snow flying goes).

Archived