joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter/ Disco

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice fresh breeze and 44 this morning.. Looking forward to today's fall weather (52* on the p/c, low 50's on the zfp). Nice to see the cool week begin. Endless, endless cold season kicking off. Happy to hear the mid-week chill is taking place.

Did something happen that kept the cooler temps from crossing the CT River?

Nice fresh breeze and 44 this morning.. Looking forward to today's fall weather (52* on the p/c, low 50's on the zfp). Nice to see the cool week begin. Endless, endless cold season kicking off. Happy to hear the mid-week chill is taking place.

It made it. Got down to 47.7 overnite..Now we all have WAA ongoing..Yes even GC

It's because of the low developing. Cold has stopped for the time being. We were saying a few days ago, coldest weather would be west and southwest. Warmer further northeast. During mid week, it will actually be New England that is coldest.

It's because of the low developing. Cold has stopped for the time being. We were saying a few days ago, coldest weather would be west and southwest. Warmer further northeast. During mid week, it will actually be New England that is coldest.

Once all the reports came in last evening of the central and eastern folks dropping off, I though it was coming in to stay. I didn't expect the retreat illustrated on that mesomap.

Just stop taking BOX forecasts so literally and look at modelling and conditions yourself

Should I start taking your foecasts literally? Conditions posted below. Let's stop the sillly argument and we'll see what plays out. 52 is the p/c high, you say 60. So, if I come in over 56 the KEV forecast is right and the BOX forecast is wrong (since in your mind, right and wrong are all relative since we can't take them literally).

It could pour in eastern areas longer than models indicate today. Looks like we're getting a nice jet streak to set up over CT/W Mass with northeastern areas in the right entrance region later today.

Too bad for them. However, from my vantage point, I'm glad we can avoid that this time around. Is that one band that's moving up through CT the only batch you expect the rest of the area to get?

BTW, I think we are picking up some sort of a bird migration on radar across the south shore. Notice the echoes moving ssw and then east away from plymouth county. The same thing happened yesterday at this time too.

http://weather.rap.ucar.edu/radar/displayRad.php?icao=KBOX∏=bref1&bkgr=black&endDate=20111001&endTime=12&duration=2

LOL, not here, although we now got rid of the swampazz.

I suspect our relative adjustments between now and what was are equally impressive. We'll have our starts and stops like always, but those starts will be steadily more frequent and long-lasting.

BTW, I think we are picking up some sort of a bird migration on radar across the south shore. Notice the echoes moving ssw and then east away from plymouth county. The same thing happened yesterday at this time too.

http://weather.rap.u...e=12&duration=2

cweat should look up

Lol. Neat catch! I wish the EEN and BOX radars could pick up precipitation in GC as well! We're on the fringes of both.

54/52

low level scuds ripping up off long island sound

feels a bit muggy again this morning, cold weekend Fail miserably

Probably from CAA. That line of shwrs is along the..sort of mid level cold front if you will. This system is so wrapped up, you are colder than many here in ern mass. Longitude FTW this go around, hence why GC is colder than most...even moreso than usual. Next week, it's almost the reverse, but probably more evenly distributed.

Probably from CAA. That line of shwrs is along the..sort of mid level cold front if you will. This system is so wrapped up, you are colder than many here in ern mass. Longitude FTW this go around, hence why GC is colder than most...even moreso than usual. Next week, it's almost the reverse, but probably more evenly distributed.

More typical this week, then oh baby, oh baby, en fuego...looks like a mega inferno, cant even call it Indian summer yet unless we somehow get a frost this week.

RC4HOF

More typical this week, then oh baby, oh baby, en fuego...looks like a mega inferno, cant even call it Indian summer yet unless we somehow get a frost this week.

RC4HOF

At least high pressure will be overhead, so it looks like mid days with relatively cool nights and no swampazz. I don't see a super torch, but it will be warmer then normal for sure.

Archived