Newest Member
    SnowHabit
1/21/11 Storm Discussion III

ConvectiveSolutions

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

16:1

So were pretty close in the ratio department, thought maybe you were thinking a bit higher than I was which would have explained our difference.

In all honesty I shouldn't have labeled my last call my "final call"...I'm just going to wait and see what the 0z guidance has to show, perhaps maybe I'll go 4-8'' or maybe 5-9''...but I want to feel confident enough that as least pretty close to everyone in the state will see at least 4-5'' before I do that.

Too me it's close for us getting whacked with this, real close, but I just think it's going to be just a hair too late for us.

Here's the HRRR zoomed in, this is also the newest, 23z. Ruc/HRRR and other models hinting/hammering two areas of moisture, one with the lobe that develops offshore and rides up over SE MA, the other that moves in from the west. For awhile it's painting a cake hole in between. Precip over the Cape/SEMA starts as snow, but the warm air is hot on the heels of the heaviest stuff.

Do not know how good/bad this model is, others including a red tagger suggested it has done well at times.

Well mess FYI it did OK with one storm but really is not good, check out the 15 min version for entertainment

http://rapidrefresh....omain=t3&wjet=1

I like the graphics kind of neat....let's see how it plays out just hard posting for history.

--

0z Ruc Init v nam and v GFS.

Wxcaster was def right both models were too fast with the northern stream, and to some extent the southern.

Dom, sorry, I got pulled away for a minute. In my last forecast I sent around noon, I said 4-7" southwest, 5-8" south-central, 6-10" southeast, 2-4" west-central, 3-6" east-central, 1-3" north. I'm not going gung ho (yet) like I am on here :lol:

I'll send out an update after the 00z NAM, which, barring major changes, will probably bump the southern half of the state up an inch or two

Archived