• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
1/21/11 Storm Discussion III

ConvectiveSolutions

Anyone notice that BDL reported 5.6". Seems right on to my 5.3". They are not embellishing their totals this time

fixed. yes it has been snowy....very much so. But unless their old records were off at least 6-9 inches then this record would have an asterisk right beside it.

The met comments alone...regarding their reported totals.....earlier in the month....make record talk a mute point ...(unless they are buried on wednesday)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fixed. yes it has been snowy....very much so. But unless their old records were off at least 6-9 inches then this record would have an asterisk right beside it.

The met comments alone...regarding their reported totals.....earlier in the month....make record talk a mute point ...(unless they are buried on wednesday)

exactly. They are at leat a foot over reported. So 43-12= 31 inches real jan snow. They could certainly best it with a blockbuster or a couple good events and this pattern certainly has the potential to deliver but they are going to technically beat a record and its just beyond unfair that they will get away with it over reporting like they had been.

3.8" here from last night's event. Once the low began to reform along the coast the echoes esentially fell apart here as the energy was transferred. But I continue to nickel and dime my way to a decent total season snowfall to date. Now at 46.7" despite getting only 7" and 9" from the two big Noreasters.

Now on to the -15 to -20F for Sunday night. :snowman:

Just got back from downtown Greenfield, amazing ground blizzard conditions. Total whiteout, howling wind, streets covered in snow and honestly looked like it was snowing harder than at any point during the actual storm.

What a winter so far.

:snowman:

Archived