• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
1/22-1/24 Cold Temperatures

weatherMA

12z MAV gets BOS down to -2F and ORH -10F.

Geez, I may actually have to turn the heat way up around here for the first time this winter. :guitar:

Last Friday night close to midnight when I was outside in The Valley with light winter clothing on, I thought it felt unusually chilly for 10 F (the forecast low for Boston). Then I found out the next morning that it was -5 to -10 F at that time.

Looks like these could be coldest temps for the CT Valley since December 05? Some of The Valley stations in WMass got into the low minus teens 2-3 years ago, but I bet that between CEF/BAF/ORE, at least one will hit -20 F tomorrow night.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AAA will be busy Monday morning

Garage ftw. Usually stays above freezing even on a cold morning.

Do you use block heaters for the equip at 2K?

-1/-5 , freefall. Yeah, pretty much have to. Even then when it's below zero they'll start but need to run for a long time before they like to move. Even if we're not using the lull every second we'll drive a little ways away from where we're working and let it idle. Thus, polluting the atmosphere while at the same time allowing it to remain warm and at the ready.

-1/-5 , freefall. Yeah, pretty much have to. Even then when it's below zero they'll start but need to run for a long time before they like to move. Even if we're not using the lull every second we'll drive a little ways away from where we're working and let it idle. Thus, polluting the atmosphere while at the same time allowing it to remain warm and at the ready.

Well, as per ABC, all that will do is make more snow and cold :thumbsup::snowman::scooter:

5.6 / 1 heavy heavy radiation :snowman:

while im at 440 ft asl, it goes down to ~355 ft asl down the road from me (1/8 of a mile). Def should bring a digital thermometer down there tomorrow morning to see if its even a couple degrees colder than imby.

Yeah, I bet at Shrewsbury center its like 10F or something right now. Free fall continues, 6.7/3.

I wonder if we make a run at -15 sunday.

Yeah, I bet at Shrewsbury center its like 10F or something right now. Free fall continues, 6.7/3.

I wonder if we make a run at -15 sunday.

back in 05, it got down to -11 imby

in 04, it got down to -13 imby (before my vantage pro weather station though, got it for xmas 04) .. but of course the winds were brutal then ..

if winds go completely calm I think we can make a run at -15 here, but it will be hard

3/-1

back in 05, it got down to -11 imby

in 04, it got down to -13 imby (before my vantage pro weather station though, got it for xmas 04) .. but of course the winds were brutal then ..

if winds go completely calm I think we can make a run at -15 here, but it will be hard

3/-1

lol, nice. 12 y.o :weenie: with a pro wx station. I remember we got a cold day in '04. We better not get one of those this year. Midterms were supposed to end Thursday and we still have more Monday, with another potential snow day Wednesday.

4.3/2

-7/-12, went out to look at the stars. Great viewing on nights like this. Have already undercut forecast low by 4 degrees. Tomorrow nights forecast low is -18 so I suspect my specific locale will hit -20's.

Did yer bum freeze onto the picnic table again? :snowman: (buried under 30" of snow... I know I know yada yada yada...)

Epic and all that

Did yer bum freeze onto the picnic table again? :snowman: (buried under 30" of snow... I know I know yada yada yada...)

Epic and all that

You are reluctant to be a true believer. Your insubordinate attitude greatly angers Ullr, this is why you get no jackpot. BTW Logan11 was at -22 around 9:30.

Archived