Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
questions about warnings

Rick G

This is the current map of warnings at BGM:

bgm.jpg

Can explain why the lower counties in PA do not have the same warnings at the surrounding counties? all have very similar forcasts. the other coutites are from State College and Mount Holly.

I am not a weanie, I just really want to know why.

Thanks

All those counties that did not have flags raised are also under the BGM forecast area, the other counties are under State College, Buffalo, etc.

When you see a big "hole" like that, I think it's safe to assume either A) the office isn't raising flags in conjunction with adjacent offices (timing-wise) or B.) are more bearish/bullish than other offices with a storm right at an advisory or warning threshold.

All those counties that did not have flags raised are also under the BGM forecast area, the other counties are under State College, Buffalo, etc.

When you see a big "hole" like that, I think it's safe to assume either A) the office isn't raising flags in conjunction with adjacent offices (timing-wise) or B.) are more bearish/bullish than other offices with a storm right at an advisory or warning threshold.

I always thought that they are trying to be super accurate on their flags. My concern is that schools who go by the flags listed may make a bad call. (not mine I have vacationt ime I can take if I don't want to go in).

Archived