• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

There is more whining per capita along the Manchester - Frederick - Leesburg arc than in any other region. Yet every single time some huge band parks over them for hours and hours and they end up with the highest totals.

You can be pretty whinny too but I still love you

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is more whining per capita along the Manchester - Frederick - Leesburg arc than in any other region. Yet every single time some huge band parks over them for hours and hours and they end up with the highest totals.

I am not whining, that band always sets up around the NW edge of the heavier precip. I like where I am right now.

the problem with you JI is that everything has got to be some little, competitive exercise

who the he!! do you think you're competing with? you'll never be happy with that mentality

just sit back and be glad my prediction for the winter looks to bust and appreciate whatever fall

He can't even read numbers right. The 12Z GFS, 18Z GFS, and 12Z NAM all had less than an inch precip for him.

I wasn't going off those maps, but I stand corrected. The areas of heaviest snow have trended west, but we're probably splitting hairs here.... for now. I have grown accustomed to precip disappearing as it nears the valley. LOL.

:won't be LOL if it happens again.

This is 18Z clown. Much more snow in the northern shenandoah valley than 0z.

Another update...

Wednesday: Snow, mainly after 9am. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 35. North wind between 6 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Wednesday Night: Snow, mainly before midnight. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 25. North wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Still no warning.....

:whistle:

Also, clown maps kill frederick.

This is 18Z clown. Much more snow in the northern shenandoah valley than 0z.

18znamsnow_NE048.gif

Here is 0Z

00znamsnow_NE036.gif

if JI and anyone else in the DCA/BWI has any sense, you'd realize the 0Z was much better than 18Z because it dropped further south in VA higher snow amounts giving us more breathing room from the dreaded snow hole

I have nothing to back this up with, but I would think it difficult for any model to accurately predict precip EVERYWHERE to within a quarter of an inch in such a strong system. No sense getting upset over the precip totals. It's almost here now anyway.

Seriously it is radar/satellite time and soon to be look out your window time.

Archived