joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

overall its a good run, but make no mistake the euro is TORCHING the surface, gets DCA to +5 and stays above +4 until the end of the storm. Even all the way back to Westminster surface is +3 during most of the storm. Not sure what to make of that. 850's imply a big snow to rain to snow but surface says all rain.

it depends...the 850's crash the surface does not so if you are using 850's its actually like a foot of snow backend. But the surface temps stay at like +3 until after the precip shuts off. THis of course seems wrong given the dynamics

a weenie word...i know... DYNAMICS...there is no way that we are +3C with heavy precip and 850's crashing to the east at the end of january...and we get rain

Plenty of time to iron out temps....ingredients are there and we are 4 days away....good enough for now

problem remains the High in NE moves out so there is nothing to hold cold air in and the only source of cold air is dynamic generated cold

not very efficient and will likely be insufficient if Euro is even close to being right

Who cares about surface temps right now. Euro tourched us last week when we had mid 20s and ice

i hear ya but with stale cold, a drifting high and a giant low 35 feet from my doorstep... mmm, the gfs miller b looks OK

problem remains the High in NE moves out so there is nothing to hold cold air in and the only source of cold air is dynamic generated cold

not very efficient and will likely be insufficient if Euro is even close to being right

I thought the problem was the seasonal trend and this was going to be a miller b screw job where we get no precip?

I have to admit, I do not recall the Euro ever printing out so much qpf for BWI during the winter

I guess it did last year, but I didn't have access to MOS then

2+ QPF is pretty hard to come by in the winter. Once you get later in the season it becomes a bit easier.

I thought the problem was the seasonal trend and this was going to be a miller b screw job where we get no precip?

the seasonal trend is to deny us snow

I have made that very clear

the Miller B's have screwed us and the Christmas hybrid did as well

the Euro runs today have been no better

this euro run thought would give a big snow to areas that are in the snow drought also like central PA so how does seasonal trend account for that?

Then why are you logged on at quarter to 2 a.m. if there is nothing to follow or see here?

Archived