Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't want to get involved in this because I am too excited watching this snow storm but this is double standards at its best. If it was me or anyone else not well known on this forum that said that, it would have been a ban or a warning of somehow. Also, I am a person of color and I am somewhat offended by that comment. "Just terrible at expressing himself" isn't cutting it. Now back to the storm.

Dude/dudette, you think you're the only black person here? Look at my profile :axe:

At any rate, since I've known Ji for a while, that's why I stepped up to say he isn't racist. It has nothign to do with "double standards". I simply know Ji long enough to vouch for him, that's all it was. I know his intent, you don't. That's why you're all in a huff about something that wasn't even racist.

The offending comment was removed. Let's move on.

Dude/dudette, you think you're the only black person here? Look at my profile :axe:

At any rate, since I've known Ji for a while, that's why I stepped up to say he isn't racist.

The offending comment was removed. Let's move on.

I'm not black. I'm Latino. hehehe. snow is falling pretty heavy here in Largo/Seat Pleasant........heard it's going to stop around 8ish?

I'm going to guess the end of this in DC is somewhere between 8 and midnight. Maybe 9:30 or 10PM. The intensity and back(south)side are already starting to show signs of letting up. Montgomery county is still in the sweet spot according to radar. 4+ inches here at National Harbor and still a moderate to heavy wet snow still falling.

Just want to send kudos to PSUHoffman and Wes and the rest of Capital Weather Gang and everyone else on this board who saw the potential, took the threat seriously, and were stellar in their forecasts. Unfortunately, as the nightmare that occurred on area roads shows, others didn't see it.

Just want to send kudos to PSUHoffman and Wes and the rest of Capital Weather Gang and everyone else on this board who saw the potential, took the threat seriously, and were stellar in their forecasts. Unfortunately, as the nightmare that occurred on area roads shows, others didn't see it.

+1. You guys prove that it is possible to warn without over hyping. CWG did a very good job, hopefully more people will use you as a weather source in the future.

NOUS42 KWNO 270356

ADMNFD

SENIOR DUTY METEOROLOGIST NWS ADMINISTRATIVE MESSAGE

NWS NCEP CENTRAL OPERATIONS CAMP SPRINGS MD

0355Z THU JAN 27 2011

NCEP PRODUCTS ON THE INTERNET PROBLEM...

NCEP IS EXPERIENCING A SEVERE NETWORK OUTAGE THAT IN

ALL LIKELIHOOD HAS BEEN CAUSED BY THE STORM OF VERY

HEAVY WET SNOW WIDESPREAD THRU THE MID ATLANTIC REGION.

NEW NCEP PRODUCTS WILL NOT BE AVBL ON THE INTERNET UFN.

ETA IS UNKNOWN.

$$

STOUDT/SDM/NCO/NCEP

This storm will approach HECS for me. 2"+ /HR for 5 strait hours and the impacted rush hour. And the green lightning thundersnow that lasted a long long time. So many flashes of lighting. All the stuck cars many of them still stuck in place. This one I enjoyed immensely and will long remember. It's the lightning that I really loved.

why? we dont need a forum full of locked topics.

There is an obs thread where these posts can go. This was used to track the storm on the models, it has passed and there is a new threat on the horizon. No need for this to be bumped. No that it really matters that much I guess.

There is an obs thread where these posts can go. This was used to track the storm on the models, it has passed and there is a new threat on the horizon. No need for this to be bumped. No that it really matters that much I guess.

the obs thread and this one were seperate for a reason. i doubt it will get bumped that much but if people have something they'd like to comment on i dont see the problem.

Archived