Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess AndyNJWx is calling you with that information? lol

Ask him how his minor league baseball career is going, it's as believable as the triple phase he hypes 2-3 times a winter.

Anyone hearing that this could possibly become a fully phased beast? I'm hearing rumors. :whistle:

I know we're not suppose to post models during obs but the NAM has a 996 hugging the coast near ocean city at 6 hrs compared to a more broad 1000mb at 12hrs 12z.

http://www.nco.ncep....am_pcp_006s.gif

I heard rumors that someone heard rumors that this is now a full phase. Have you heard the same rumors?

:whistle:

The 18Z nam really impressive for I95 and is a little slower than the 12z run keeping another .25" after 00Z and a total of and inch between 18-06Z . It does still have sleet at DCA at 4:00 but is easily snow by y 7PM. Looks like the transition will be fairly quickly after 4PM. I don't have the hourly soundings. I know HPC does so I can't tell for sure.

For some odd reason, Veronica Johnson has downgraded totals to 3-6" in the immediate metro area. She still shows a swath of 6-8" for western Fairfax and eastern Loudoun, and 8-10" for the I-81 area.

I don't know who Veronica Johnson is (local TV weatherhead?), but she might do well to read what Wes just had to say.

The 18Z nam really impressive for I95 and is a little slower than the 12z run keeping another .25" after 00Z and a total of and inch between 18-06Z . It does still have sleet at DCA at 4:00 but is easily snow by y 7PM. Looks like the transition will be fairly quickly after 4PM. I don't have the hourly soundings. I know HPC does so I can't tell for sure.

I likey, Wes. I wouldn't be surprised if we gover to snow in Fairfax County in the next 30-60 minutes. Let's hope we all change over sooner rather than later!

Starting to rain harder in Annapolis. My outdoor thermometer shows 30 degrees. Hopefully it will be snowing soon!

Obs thread can be found here: http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php?/topic/11021-jan-26-27-storm-obsnowcastingetc/

BTW - 30* in Annapolis sounds way too low. You might want to check that.

starts as snow though and the highest temps at Dulles for the storm is 34 degrees. Plenty of time

our best chance with that one is actually if its more just an overrunning event like the GGEM has...if the storm amplifies it will cut because the h5 trough is not digging far enough south. Sound familiar?

I don't want to get into a race argument especially since I'm enjoying this epic storm, but isn't questioning whether someone is qualified for a job based solely on skin color the very definition of racist. I frankly don't care if he's a racist or not I just felt like I needed to let him know that it made him look bad especially on a public forum. In my opinion your decision to defend him doesn't do much for your first impression either. I mean no disrespect, but since you replied I feel I must as well.

oy

somebody tell Professor the secret.

lol, Ji isn't racist, just terrible at expressing himself.

Back to Veronica Johsnon, I've been following her since she got to DC and she's terrible. Like I said, probably the worst among the bunch here.

Don't want to get involved in this because I am too excited watching this snow storm but this is double standards at its best. If it was me or anyone else not well known on this forum that said that, it would have been a ban or a warning of somehow. Also, I am a person of color and I am somewhat offended by that comment. "Just terrible at expressing himself" isn't cutting it. Now back to the storm.

Archived