Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

Woah... a side of wow... and a double portion of holy fook please

For God's sake once, just once, can we down here be in the bullseye, and not those people in Northern Maryland. History says no.

I've got a meeting from 2-4 in Georgetown, hoping things are just getting going around the time I have to leave.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got an update from NWS, we were downgraded from 5-10" to 4-8"

What are you talking about? I'm just south of you. If anything, they upped the totals per NWS:

This Afternoon: Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 3pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 33. Northeast wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow, mainly before 3am. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 29. North wind between 10 and 17 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

You guys need to get a grip already.

What are you talking about? I'm just south of you. If anything, they upped the totals per NWS:

This Afternoon: Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 3pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 33. Northeast wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow, mainly before 3am. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 29. North wind between 10 and 17 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

You guys need to get a grip already.

I was just commentating on this:

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM THIS MORNING TO 4 AM EST THURSDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM THIS MORNING TO 4 AM EST THURSDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW. SNOW MAY MIX WITH RAIN AND A LITTLE SLEET THROUGH THE EARLY AFTERNOON.

* ACCUMULATIONS...4 TO 8 INCHES.

* TIMING...LIGHT SNOW MAY MIX WITH RAIN EARLY THIS MORNING. MODERATE SNOW WILL BEGIN BY EARLY AFTERNOON...AND WILL BECOME HEAVIER BY THE LATE AFTERNOON. SNOW WILL END AFTER MIDNIGHT FROM SOUTHWEST TO NORTHEAST. THE HEAVIEST SNOWFALL IS EXPECTED BETWEEN 4PM AND MIDNIGHT...IMPACTING THE AFTERNOON RUSH.

* TEMPERATURES...LOWER TO MIDDLE 30S TODAY. OVERNIGHT TEMPERATURES IN THE LOWER TO MIDDLE 20S.

* WINDS...NORTHEAST 10 TO 15 MPH WEDNESDAY...BECOMING NORTHWEST AROUND 15 MPH WEDNESDAY EVENING.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.

I got this at 12:55, checked the weather.gov site and saw the 6-12" forecast.

I'm pretty sure when they put up the warning in DC for 5 to 10, they also slightly reduced totals in the warning a bit farther west. The 1-95 corridor is still 5 to 10, so I guess they assume the best banding would set up closer to I-95

Archived