SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sterling....They might want to wrap up that NAM review.

HV NOT MADE APPRCIABLE CHGS TO THE FCST YET. 12Z NAM HAS JUST COME

IN...AND WL REVIEW IT NXT. HEADLINE CHGS MAY BE REQD LATER

Aren't they all in Seattle for a conference? Sounds like they have an intern running the forecasting desk. What is left to "review"? The NAM and GFS have both been advertising the same thing for several cycles now.

Don't you think LWX at least has to consider telling the FEDS - one of our best models shows us getting a lot more snow at rush hour than we are forecasting. You can either believe us, or believe it. Your choice on whether to dismiss 200,000 workers early, but if we are wrong and you don't motorists could be stranded alongside the Beltwayarrowheadsmiley.png

Don't you think LWX at least has to consider telling the FEDS - one of our best models shows us getting a lot more snow at rush hour than we are forecasting. You can either believe us, or believe it. Your choice, but if we are wrong motorists could be stranded alongside the Beltwayarrowheadsmiley.png

we get it. They are clearly behind the curve a bit.

Wes and crew at Cap Weather clearly get it, irrespective of LWX.

"Not to sound alarming, but all be aware that the snowfall rates around this evening's commute may be extreme and make travel very hazardous and potentially crippling. Thundersnow is possible with rates in excess of 1 to 2 inches per hour."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/capitalweathergang/

I liked you better as a raw weenie than as a trixie disciple/wannabe. Just saying.

At least I attempt to be nice about it. And it takes a lot more to make me respond. The guy has been posting about the same stuff for 24 hours.

However, because your one of the posters I like the best around here I will grant your wish.

[old post style] Ugh...I'm right on the edge of the winter storm warning and the advisory... :axe: ...raining a bit right now and 33.5. Meh. [old post style/]

:thumbsup:

Sterling did a very good job last season, but they have dropped the ball several times this season. I know the December storm was a tough one to forecast, but issuing a WWA for areas that are being projected by several different models to receive in excess of 10", is insane.

At least I attempt to be nice about it. And it takes a lot more to make me respond. The guy has been posting about the same stuff for 24 hours.

However, because your one of the posters I like the best around here I will grant your wish.

[old post style] Ugh...I'm right on the edge of the winter storm warning and the advisory... :axe: ...raining a bit right now and 33.5. Meh. [old post style/]

:thumbsup:

Sorry. Cause of my job, sometimes I get worked up about how weather decisions affect real people in DC. I will try to restrain myself before I get 5 posted.

Sorry. Cause of my job, sometimes I get worked up about how weather decisions affect real people in DC. I will try to restrain myself before I get 5 posted.

It's all good man :weight_lift:

We all have been there at some point or another in terms of being anxious about these things!

Archived