joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fairfax, Prince William Co. 10"....I am really hoping these models are correct. I have to comment on the above -- {WWA}?- if this is correct the {WSW} had better be posted soon or your going to have some people who do not follow the weather (who these people are I have to wonder about) totall miffed when they wake up tomorrow.

Less than one hour after bumping down to "around an inch", NWS bumps it back up for Anne Arundel:

Tonight Snow and rain in the evening...then snow likely after midnight. Total snow accumulation of 4 to 6 inches. Lows in the upper 20s. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

They bumped me down to around 4-6 as well... while at the same time the nam dropped 1.25-1.5 right over my house (central/south moco around 10 miles west of i=95 and 25 miles north of dc.._

Don't look at the GFS either...let this be it. Oh yeah and don't look outside right now either

whats happening now? are you home everytime there is a snowstorm? My wife lies about obs just to get me to leave work and come home. She will say its snowing heavily when there is flurries

Looks like mitchnick bought a snow maker and installed it directly over his house.

Let's see if the GFS shifts slightly N/NW from the 6z run. If so, it will be damage control time for the local mets. Only question is people are posting QPF totals, but on the individual frames, when does the 850 0 line pass BWI? With temps in the 33-35 range, blowtorching concerns at the surface are pretty much gone so once that line passes us, the dynamics will cool the surface enough. Honestly the upper atmosphere dynamics are likely to be strong enough with this one to give us snow with surface of 33-34 degrees.

12 hr qpf ending 1AM

post-506-0-77751800-1296050733.gif

I think LWX may have had an error or something with something...there's no way those forecasts were issued correctly from before.

Starting to think the same thing. Tech glitches come up with these sites from time to time. It gets glorified during high visibility events.

That said, the NAM is still quite our friend. Potent ULL. Interesting storm that will be referenced for years around here I think.

They bumped me down to around 4-6 as well... while at the same time the nam dropped 1.25-1.5 right over my house (central/south moco around 10 miles west of i=95 and 25 miles north of dc.._

This is just another poor performance by LWX. By this afternoon they will be scrambling to raise warnings in areas with silly WWAs now.

I'm really loathe to criticize lwx and I don't want to start now, but man...I can't figure what they are thinking now.

i love lwx but their snowcasts this winter have been putrid on the whole

What are you talking about? The MoCo zone forecast says 4-8 just like it always did.... :arrowhead:

they seemed more ominous with the miller b from last week

They had a watch well in advance of that storm. At the time I was thinking WTF? and I am thinking WTF? once again. I don't like to bash them but they can't seem to get much right this year.

They had a watch well in advance of that storm. At the time I was thinking WTF? and I am think WTF? once again. I don't like to bash them but they can't seem to get much right this year.

What's amazing to me is that nobody seems to be able to even offer a credible theory for what LWX is thinking. It's one thing to take a reasonable minority viewpoint and run with it. It's another to just take a position that seems to have no basis in fact or logic. As weird as it sounds, it looks like the LWX is doing the latter.

Archived