The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sha-bam:

post-96-0-85881800-1295981836.png

copypasta from the blog (http://madusweather.com/?p=749):

The map calls for a somewhat more northerly solution than what is currently shown on the models, with some heavy influence from the GFS/ECMWF solutions. This season’s trend of fully developing the coastal low and SN/+SN zone slower than expected has led me to think that the greatest snowfall totals in the coastal area will be further north and east than the 12z NAM shows. This area will also likely have better snowfall ratios than areas to the south, which will help towards breaking into the 8-12″ totals.

Along the mountains, there is the potential for some good upslope along the eastern Apps in northern VA. The position may end up being off, but I’m fairly sure some part of the eastern slopes will get into the higher totals of 8-12″ as the onshore mid-level flow of moisture starts to push into the area and is aided by higher snowfall ratios.

Very nice map, only complaint is i would have added a 6-10" area for areas just N & W of the cities.

Sha-bam:

post-96-0-85881800-1295981836.png

copypasta from the blog (http://madusweather.com/?p=749):

The map calls for a somewhat more northerly solution than what is currently shown on the models, with some heavy influence from the GFS/ECMWF solutions. This season’s trend of fully developing the coastal low and SN/+SN zone slower than expected has led me to think that the greatest snowfall totals in the coastal area will be further north and east than the 12z NAM shows. This area will also likely have better snowfall ratios than areas to the south, which will help towards breaking into the 8-12″ totals.

Along the mountains, there is the potential for some good upslope along the eastern Apps in northern VA. The position may end up being off, but I’m fairly sure some part of the eastern slopes will get into the higher totals of 8-12″ as the onshore mid-level flow of moisture starts to push into the area and is aided by higher snowfall ratios.

Good luck with your call. I put faith in it, mainly because you seem so level headed about snowfall.

It seems like this storm is slowly narrowing down to a pretty on point consensus. The only discrepancy I'm seeing is the exact set up of heavy banding (other than the infamous temps, which have been killed to death already in this discussion). NWS seems to be siding with more of a NAM solution while the major models are pretty bullish about a bull's eye heading straight through and near the bigger cities. Anyone have thoughts on the north versus south banding?

It seems like this storm is slowly narrowing down to a pretty on point consensus. The only discrepancy I'm seeing is the exact set up of heavy banding (other than the infamous temps, which have been killed to death already in this discussion). NWS seems to be siding with more of a NAM solution while the major models are pretty bullish about a bull's eye heading straight through and near the bigger cities. Anyone have thoughts on the north versus south banding?

It will be north of where the models put it. I am very confident of that.

It will be north of where the models put it. I am very confident of that.

history says yes tho im not sure it will be as nw as some think given how consistent the models are with the 500 low

Archived