joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tasselmeyer has the cities and metro areas in 3-6" (as well as all of the northern tier of MD counties including Frederick, Hagerstown etc, with 6-12 in Leesburg and back out through Charlestown WV. Who knows if he's seen the 0z suite tho.

I think he has. Tasselmyer usually knows what he's talking about and at this point I think 3-6" in the cities is a very reasonable call.

Remember that earlier today, this was expected to be almost all rain.

Is this the first storm this year where all the models are in agreement? It's really strange to see.

for us i think this is the best agreement by far.. 500 agreement has been there for 2 days or so on most models too

No it wasn't. :lol:

Your posts suck.

Ok, maybe an inch of slop at the end :rolleyes:

From earlier:

For the immediate metro region, rain is the most likely scenario Wednesday, although snow and/or sleet cannot be ruled out due to uncertainty in the exact track of the storm. The chance of snow and/or sleet is highest north and west of eastern Loudoun and western Montgomery county with a chance of heavy snow in the mountains. (There's also the outside possibility the storm misses the region to the east.) We'll have a full storm update midday. Highs range from 33 (northwest) - 38 (southeast). Wednesday night, any rain may change to snow from northwest to southeast as the storm pulls away with lows from the upper 20s to lower 30s. Confidence: Low-Medium

http://voices.washin...orm_h.html#more

Zone 2: There may be enough stale cold air for the precipitation to start briefly as snow and/or sleet early Wednesday morning, especially on the west side of this zone. But any accumulation would be light. The chances of frozen precipitation at the onset increase if the low takes a track farther to the east and our winds stay from the north. Otherwise, rain is most likely during the day Wednesday and it may be moderate to heavy. Temperatures are cold- probably only in the mid-30s. Models do indicate a pretty good chance that the rain turns to snow Wednesday night (between 7 and midnight) as the upper level low moves by to our east. Some accumulation is possible, especially on the west side of this zone. A couple models indicate the potential for a few inches while others indicate less.

http://voices.washin...ignfi.html#more

agree with Ian on this if the 500 goes south like predicted game on for some snow. He has been saying this for 2 or so days I have to agree.

plenty have pointed out what we need at 500 but we more or less locked in over the last 48-60 hrs now i think other than a burp or two. before that it was more or less an idea and a hope. the surface does seem to be finally responding. whether or not that continues or this is clse to final is tough to tell but i would expect several inches of snow in my backyard at this point where earlier it was still a little more up in the air.

Archived