joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man that is so close...looks to be a decent track thus far or am I missing something?

not bad, a little too east -- hat at 96, due east of delmarva at 102 ... 988 at that pt, like our biggies last yr. :P

h5 goes from northern ga/al thru central va and then right off delmarva. most times i'd really like this look except for the high leaving stll.

A new player?

The incoming HP is probably the key player here. If it is too late, too much warm air will have a chance to flood into the system but if it drops far enough se and is able to supply enough cold air to be wrapped into the low, many of us even at the coast could still get a good dump of snow.

WX/PT

The GGEM has the surface lkow west of the 500mb low over the cold air.

The GFS and EURO make more sense keeping the low over the +10C 850 temps off the carolina coast where the Atmosphere is less dense east of the H5 low.

Maybe based on the high fields you are right.. but does not mean the solutions we have right now are going to be the right ones. It is clear that the GFS Idea earlier of no gulf low is gone off the table (if it ever really was). There will be a low coming out of the gulf.. timing on when the trough goes negative will now determine the surface track.. For the further east track to verify the trough hast to be still positively tilted as it passes the Mississippi river... and be negative by the time it gets to the coast for it to come up...

With out a high pressure to the north though... temperatures are going to be critical in this situation.

Maybe based on the high fields you are right.. but does not mean the solutions we have right now are going to be the right ones. It is clear that the GFS Idea earlier of no gulf low is gone off the table (if it ever really was). There will be a low coming out of the gulf.. timing on when the trough goes negative will now determine the surface track.. For the further east track to verify the trough hast to be still positively tilted as it passes the Mississippi river... and be negative by the time it gets to the coast for it to come up...

With out a high pressure to the north though... temperatures are going to be critical in this situation.

Agreed the low maybe over the warm toungue, but that can easily be further west if the nrn stream doesn't push this everything east fast enough.

Can anyone throw out 2m temps on Euro for RIC/DCA?

they warm up quite a bit verbatim during the day..32 line way back into pa at 18z wed when storm is due east of us. near or just west of dc/bwi prior panels.

I-81 looks golden at this point,,,however likely to change

With no precip? Golden as in sunny? I won't play the seasonal trend card, and I doubt we have a picture of this that's any clearer at this point, but if we get no precip, I will not be surprised. Right now, I think I want the NAM as is.

My organ pipe cactus is going to look good in the landscape. :P

Overall I don't think we are looking too bad at this point. Imagine if we had a fat high pressure to the north of us? We'd already be congratulating each other. What's the reality on that HP that might slide down? Anyone have info on that? Just curious...

.... There would be no issues if we had a high pressure in Southern Canada near the lakes... nosing in as it was coming up. HP we have is going to retreat.... the -nao .. is weak and way east based. Now sure it could maybe... possibility it could hold on a little bit longer than what the euro shows, but there nothing that is setting of alarms that would argue for the high to stay in place.

QPF complaints incoming. Wait until Ji sees this.

QPF for even for our region

Harrisburg, PA to Tamaqua, PA up to Scranton, PA all of Ny state

just west of DC to Lancaster, PA to Reading to Easton, to Newton, NJ, to Poughkeapske, NY to NW corner of CT

Dc to Baltomore to King of Prussia, PA to Newark, Yonkers to Danbury, CT

eastern DC to Wilmington DE, to Trenton to NYC to Harford

1"

Richmond, VA to near Dover, DE to sandy Hook, NJ to levitown, LI to Norwich, CT

petersburg, VA to milford, DE to toms river NJ to southhampton LI to Providence RI

williamsburg, VA to salisbury, MD south of NJ maybe brushing extreme eastern LI into RI

that really hurt my eyes

Wow....

.... There would be no issues if we had a high pressure in Southern Canada near the lakes... nosing in as it was coming up. HP we have is going to retreat.... the -nao .. is weak and way east based. Now sure it could maybe... possibility it could hold on a little bit longer than what the euro shows, but there nothing that is setting of alarms that would argue for the high to stay in place.

Looking at the 12Z GFS there is a high just north of Minnesota...Would be nice to get that puppy to speed up. I'm only weenie wishcasting on that one though. Models did underestimate the cold air from Tuesday. (ice storm) but AGAIN...weenie wishcasting.

Archived