joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably snow-rain-snow on the GGEM. Can't be sure without knowing temps and thicknesses, but based on the track, it would be hard to keep it all snow in DC and Baltimore with a slightly inland track.

It definitely would be a snow to rain deal if the GGEM were right. The position of the block worries me some though the GFS managed to hold enough confluence across new england to hold the high in place until the low got into the optimal position. It will be interesting to see what the Euro does.

So this event would start Tuesday night and last through Thursday if it verified, is that right?

even our big events struggle to go much past 24-30 hrs so i doubt this ends up a 48 hr event.

There's a first time for everything laugh.gif

i would think models will speed up if they hold similar solutions. without a big block there is not much reason the low should crawl for any great period though it stacking/getting captured etc could slow it for a time.

i would think models will speed up if they hold similar solutions. without a big block there is not much reason the low should crawl for any great period though it stacking/getting captured etc could slow it for a time.

Agreed. We aren't getting a 48 hour snowstorm. Especially in a year where we keep getting fringed or screwed in various ways. I'm encouraged though at the potential.

we've gotten really lenient with this posting of map and nothing else. at the very least it might be nice to just have links to we dont have to scroll for a mile. regardless, probably a good sign the mean is useless.

Archived