• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

i know ppl are excited but history says you dont want a giant low right on your doorstep in this range. with minimal blocking and the positioning of it, it's going to want to go inland if the solution holds. not that it will but there is a reason people say they dont want to be in the bullseye 4/5 days out as you know.

We will probably get screwed, but at least it will be different and maybe some can get a solid thump.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I get too optimistic Ian calls me a weenie. :(

no, i just think something is amiss this yr with some (many?) people's logic. it might all be in my head. granted i did not really want the big storm idea to come to play so maybe im frustrated it seems that it has moved that way. imby that's a much better chance for a screwing than the weaker/overruning idea. i guess im not a true snow lover but a few inches turning to heavy rain is not that exciting to me.

The DGEX isn't really an extension of the NAM because of the substantially smaller grid (i.e. it gets very a very heavy influence from GFS boundary conditions).

Right, thanks. I was only replying to the idea that the NAM being different from its prior run wasn't necessarily a bad thing and was using the only thing available to tie in with the 6z NAM.

We will probably get screwed, but at least it will be different and maybe some can get a solid thump.

To echo those thoughts, this has giant bust potential on it, but it also has a giant up side. Nothing ventured nothing gained I guess. At least, for now, its a wet solution. That's something we've not seen much of.

no, i just think something is amiss this yr with some (many?) people's logic. it might all be in my head. granted i did not really want the big storm idea to come to play so maybe im frustrated it seems that it has moved that way. imby that's a much better chance for a screwing than the weaker/overruning idea. i guess im not a true snow lover but a few inches turning to heavy rain is not that exciting to me.

You know I have been saying I saw two scenarios here: big inland low with rain or OTS.

I have zero faith in the strung-out overrunning idea. That hasn't even come close to verifying this winter.

You know I have been saying I saw two scenarios here: big inland low with rain or OTS.

I have zero faith in the strung-out overrunning idea. That hasn't even come close to verifying this winter.

yeah i guess that's true on the overruning.. it's not just this winter either. this might just be one of those winters where living in d.c. (i'd say east but they did well already in one storm) is no good however you cut it.

How is it impossible to know wes. how many non frozen possibilities are there, rain??? what else??? I dont get your statement??? Thanks.

I guess I was saying it's too early to know whether an changover would be sleet versus rain. I think it too early to say much of anything about the precipitation. Sorry for being unclear.

Archived