Newest Member
    joxey
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did a little programming

You stay below 0 at 850 but surface gets to 3c for a time. Wouldnt worry about surface temps on the euro this far out anyways. Hell wouldnt worry about anything specific this far out.

The good news is if this stays all snow around here we will not have to hear one word of bitching the rest of the winter.

Looks like a good setup with the northern energy diving in behind the southern energy. Worry that I have though is that as the event gets closer it seems that the northern energy gets pulled further and further north on the models. If that were the case I think we are looking at no phase and a NADS 2 with even warmer temps. Not great at reading these maps so would love to hear a Met's opinion.

It's at the least something legit to track. Wet is not a problem with this set-up apparently. Yeesh. The 6z GFS continued the theme of crazy qpf. Temps marginal for us, but a better solution than than the 0Z last night on the GFS. After what has happened this winter, I sure wouldn't mind a snow to rain to snow if it came to that. Course, all snow would be better...

It's at the least something legit to track. Wet is not a problem with this set-up apparently. Yeesh. The 6z GFS continued the theme of crazy qpf. Temps marginal for us, but a better solution than than the 0Z last night on the GFS. After what has happened this winter, I sure wouldn't mind a snow to rain to snow if it came to that. Course, all snow would be better...

this is a huge rainstorm for the metro areas....mountains would get crushed with snow. The pattern is not a good one for snow for I-95 by then. No blocking to speak of, high pressure sliding off the coast. with a strong low and the high in that position you get strong SE flow at low levels...way too warm for snow. my point is this is not even close to being a snow event as depicted by the models at this point unless you are well inland and at elevation. A lot would have to change....but if you strep back and look at the pattern evolving, the inland track the models are currently showing makes sense.

Archived