• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

I said from the get go that temps could be a problem with this storm, and they might be. With that said, again I will take my chances with that h5 track, over southern VA. There is time for temps to change some, with that track it would not be hard, the surface low track is fine, just need the thermal profile to adjust a bit.

Absolutely. We just need the High to stay put like a good little doggy.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

even with this run of the GFS as is, places just NW of DC get their biggest snow of the year with a quick 2-4" as it pulls away. I also dont think some realize how close this run is to a massive snow just west of 95.

We also start as snow

I wouldn't be surprised to see HPC indicate there was data ingestion indigestion.

I know you're just kidding, but seriously-- we're looking at 5 days out, not 36 hours before the storm. What does it matter what depiction is shown by any model? Knowing this depiction is not going to be what actually happens, the focus is on the 500 heights this far out.

Wow, just wow! That 500 vort is on steroids. Given the dynamics with something like that I would expect to see the 850 0C line closer to the storm center, much like the superstorm of 1993. I feel like this is a good spot to be in at this point, although we are going to have to thread the needle on track and temps, with no room for any kind of western shift. Either way it would be one hell of a storm to watch develop on radar and satellite if it verified.

even with this run of the GFS as is, places just NW of DC get their biggest snow of the year with a quick 2-4" as it pulls away. I also dont think some realize how close this run is to a massive snow just west of 95.

I think we get it. If the GFS can change the whole storm so radically, it can certainly adjust the temps a bit.

Wow, just wow! That 500 vort is on steroids. Given the dynamics with something like that I would expect to see the 850 0C line closer to the storm center, much like the superstorm of 1993. I feel like this is a good spot to be in at this point, although we are going to have to thread the needle on track and temps, with no room for any kind of western shift. Either way it would be one hell of a storm to watch develop on radar and satellite if it verified.

No comparison in any way to Superstorm 1993.

this is gonna be the storm that puts people over the edge. As the storm trends like a curve ball right around the delmarva to give a direct hit to NE or it will be a huge rain storm, which sucks for the snow lovers but will be awesome for the farmers we need some rain. If im wrong then we all win. I just does see something like this verifying given how this winter has gone. don't get your hopes up until you see this on sunday.

this is gonna be the storm that puts people over the edge. As the storm trends like a curve ball right around the delmarva to give a direct hit to NE or it will be a huge rain storm, which sucks for the snow lovers but will be awesome for the farmers we need some rain. If im wrong then we all win. I just does see something like this verifying given how this winter has gone. don't get your hopes up until you see this on sunday.

I think we all get it

I actually feel more confident that a storm for our area is on the GFS. Let's be real, its been really good this year compared to its past performance. I would argue much better than any other model in handling big storms in the mid range. Now, knowing our luck this will be a big rain event for Washington and BWI, but I am hopeful. This track would be a dream for Dulles west most likely. I don't even want to imagine the totals in higher elevation areas if this verified.

Archived