• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

This. I was hesitant to commit to attending this year given climo, and what it was like last time the annual meeting was there in January. It'll be a pleasant change of pace to have nice weather, and be distracted enough not to bother tracking all of these non-events.

Yeah, I had to go regardless, and I like Seattle as a city (not necessarily in Jan.)...but I was pleasantly surprised when I checked the forecast yesterday.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever the euro shows this far out must be thrown out. It needs to earn my trust again before I am willing to listen to anything it has to say. Until the Gfs shows something worth watching we need to talk about something else. ;)

the euro solution is weird as is so it's probably not right, but i would not necessarily weight the gfs over it at this pt.

t. tasselmeyer is going with snow on tues and wed. Interesting considering the banter on this board.

calling for snow isnt that bold given what we see on models.. the amounts/size of storm is the real question.

if we had not been burned by the euro several times this yr i'd like how things are looking on it and the gfs at this point at least as far as potential and surface placement. im somewhat optimistic i think.

calling for snow isnt that bold given what we see on models.. the amounts/size of storm is the real question.

if we had not been burned by the euro several times this yr i'd like how things are looking on it and the gfs at this point at least as far as potential and surface placement. im somewhat optimistic i think.

Never without a stipulation. "i guess" "but meh" "i think"

Yeah, normally given the Euro solution and the GFS look at 114HR I'd feel pretty good. I was looking at some old posts from the big storms last year and the GFS was usually too south for a while before finally getting it and coming north. The Euro is due for a big win over its major rival, I suppose. I don't like this new stubborn GFS.

Is it just me or is the first PSUHoffman storm dead and now we are tracking a new threat? Perhaps PSUHoffman2?

it depends on the model i guess. it's the psuhoffman week of potential activity. ;)

Yeah, normally given the Euro solution and the GFS look at 114HR I'd feel pretty good. I was looking at some old posts from the big storms last year and the GFS was usually too south for a while before finally getting it and coming north. The Euro is due for a big win over its major rival, I suppose. I don't like this new stubborn GFS.

the euro doesnt have much continuity going for it other than spitting out at least a few inches every run of late. the 18z gfs is a good deal closer than previous to being a bigger storm tho. they might trend toward eachother then away from eachother before the storm swings around us and clobbers sne.

Is it just me or is the first PSUHoffman storm dead and now we are tracking a new threat? Perhaps PSUHoffman2?

Yes the Euro/Nogaps slow the first storm down a lot. If it comes out to ealy it ruins the setup, so snowier solutions will be slower.

Was 5 days away yesterday.

the euro doesnt have much continuity going for it other than spitting out at least a few inches every run of late. the 18z gfs is a good deal closer than previous to being a bigger storm tho. they might trend toward eachother then away from eachother before the storm swings around us and clobbers sne.

If history is any indication, they might switch places in the next few cycles. That is always fun.

The euro solution looks weird so it probably isn't right but the gfs isn't so far from being a decent solution so it's still an interesting set up.

for us, yes

further north and east, its been pretty good

whatever it takes to give us the short end this year

Shoot you do have a point there. It's been great once you leave the no-snow zone. Just spoke to my parents who live in central NJ. "HEY! You getting snow tonight! 3-6" here!" "No Dad...snow anus continues..."

Archived