SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GFS has been spanking the Euro all winter. That's why I am skeptical on the Tuesday event until the GFS gets on board (which I don't think will happen).

the euro is good fun but the gfs has some support so it's hard to dismiss it

there are 3 vorts in the flow, gfs and ggem try to develop the first but ultimately wash it out but the first taking the energy messes up things for the second. the gfs then goes on to develop the 3rd 2 days later. euro ignores the first and amps the second vort. ggem is the only horible solution as it cant decide what to do and develops none. there r 3 waves and most runs are developing one of them but cant decide which. i am fine if gfs is right about first and second not developing so long as it is also right that the 3rd gets us. what would be comical and when i would truly call uncle on this season is if the gfs is right about the first and second wave and the euro is right about the 3rd and nothing happens. i still think there is a good chance one of these becomes something but which one is up in the air. btw im on my phone so its hard 2 post much.

Stop looking at the surface. The energy came out more this run and much less was held back. Expect a complete cave at 00z. Really Randy? 18z gfs

I didn't say I had any faith in the 18z GFS, but your point that it caved to the Euro isn't completely true. But I can yield to the fact that it did move the s/w out. If it continues at 0z, great.

GFS is still a mess....Euro has an interesting solution...interesting in the fact that I think it's very unlikely to occur...lots of random pieces of energy...can't see where this could go wrong...

for the record, the 18z GFS is no where near the Euro and it's no where near a good solution at 114.

the only thing going for this storm is that I'll be in seattle enjoying sun (in January?) and 50F.

Stop looking at the surface. The energy came out more this run and much less was held back. Expect a complete cave at 00z. Really Randy? 18z gfs

GFS looks really close at 114. Nicer precip trying to make its way to DC. PV comin through Texas almost makes it time.

GFS is still a mess....Euro has an interesting solution...interesting in the fact that I think it's very unlikely to occur...lots of random pieces of energy...can't see where this could go wrong...

for the record, the 18z GFS is no where near the Euro and it's no where near a good solution at 114.

the only thing going for this storm is that I'll be in seattle enjoying sun (in January?) and 50F.

This. I was hesitant to commit to attending this year given climo, and what it was like last time the annual meeting was there in January. It'll be a pleasant change of pace to have nice weather, and be distracted enough not to bother tracking all of these non-events.

Archived